Magnuson Supercharger, Valve Train and other supporting mods. 2007-2013, 5.3L Chevy Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brainfried

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Highly recommend the Magnuson through BB Performance, SC plus the tune. I have a '12 Yukon Denali with 40K miles on that combo. Upgraded the belt, went with 10psi undersized pulley, went to a cooler plug and just recently upgraded the inter-cooler reservoir as the plastic threads on the original stripped on the container itself. Been rock solid reliable. Even though factory exhaust is great on the 6.2, I upgraded to headers and the Corsa Sport and it is mellow until you get on it and then it roars. As far as transmission protection, if you run it hard in the summer like I do, I upgraded the tiny factory transmission cooler to the biggest aftermarket cooler I could get and my trans temps never get high enough to be concerned with.

BB Performance is very responsive and has adjusted the tune for me several times since. Towing on hills is fun as the truck many times with engage the supercharger instead of downshifting.

OP
OP
Chrismnj

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can use that intake system. When we tested intakes back in 2012 the Airaid Jr performed the best. Im not sure if that particular K&N was tested at that time.

k, I will look in to Airaid Jr, how about alternator? I have a high output 250A would that be ok?

OP
OP
Chrismnj

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did anyone use Clamp-On Oxygen Sensor Bung Adapter? how reliable is it?

brainfried

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
k, I will look in to Airaid Jr, how about alternator? I have a high output 250A would that be ok?

If going with the Magnuson kit, it will come with a hard intake hose from the factory air box to the SC intake and a K&N filter. This is the equivalent of the AirAid Jr.

I prefer my air charge to come from the fender and not the hot engine compartment myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sailfl

Latest posts