Magnuson Supercharger, Valve Train and other supporting mods. 2007-2013, 5.3L Chevy Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2012 Tahoe 5.3 with about 60000 miles, using it off road and towing so not really a DD. Planning on going with a SC, so the big question is any particular one? also any supporting mods?

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where didn't you get the center console bit? Nice.

OP
OP
Chrismnj

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here you go...

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...-tvs1900-gm-6-0-6-2-trucks-suvs.108098/unread

Buy this setup and then spend the leftover $3k on a 6.2L so it will fit.

Then purchase a 2x4 and see if anyone can try and wipe the smile off of your face with it.... lol

not really looking to replace the truck with 2x4 as I go off road, and don’t wanna build a race truck looking for little extra horsepower and torque. My DD is cayenne turbo s 570 horsepower, so i know what you mean about the smile lol

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Small supercharger will be plenty. Stick with stock manifolds and exhaust. It'll still pick up 80-100 horses. Get it tuned of course and decide whether or not you want to keep AFM active, turn it off, or remove it completely. If removing completely, suggest stay with very small cam (slightly bigger than stock) to work best with supercharger and keep street manner and off-road manners. You don't want a high winding, low torque motor in the woods!

OP
OP
Chrismnj

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Small supercharger will be plenty. Stick with stock manifolds and exhaust. It'll still pick up 80-100 horses. Get it tuned of course and decide whether or not you want to keep AFM active, turn it off, or remove it completely. If removing completely, suggest stay with very small cam (slightly bigger than stock) to work best with supercharger and keep street manner and off-road manners. You don't want a high winding, low torque motor in the woods!

which supercharger would you recommend? as far as the exhaust goes I have magnaflow cat back

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
which supercharger would you recommend? as far as the exhaust goes I have magnaflow cat back

I have no direct experience mind you, my own research and after talking with Justin @BlackBearPerf and @Rocket Man , I like the Magnuson TVS1900 and the Whipple. I forget now what Mark put on his!

How do you like the sound of the Magnaflow? Did you ever take a video of it? I've not heard a good one of it and was considering it for mine when the time comes as I have their cats and y-pipe.

OP
OP
Chrismnj

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
from what I have read on the internet and on this forum most people go with Magnuson or whipple, wonder how Edelbrock E-Force compares to them?, currently don't have a vid of the magnaflow but will try to do it tomorrow and will post it here.