Lifter tick help will mmo or motor flush help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I’m not mistaken I thought you had to switch cam shafts and valley covers with you do a dod/afm delete?
This is true, the story rob greg tells sounds like he didn't delete AFM or replace his cam it sounds like he just replaced the lifter and put it back together

OP
OP
Trey Hardy

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
This is true, the story rob greg tells sounds like he didn't delete AFM or replace his cam it sounds like he just replaced the lifter and put it back together
Right
And the lifter damaged the cam lobe
Luckily when my valve spring broke it diddnt damage the cam
However it bent a pushrod, broke the valve spring, dropped/bent a valve, and cracked the head.
The lifter was scarred up a lil so I replaced it

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Trey Hardy That's a crazy amount of damage. I always recommend to crack the motor open before jumping to conclusions and so you can make an accurate replacement parts list. Imagine you bought replacement cam and lifters to find your head and valves all messed up too

OP
OP
Trey Hardy

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
@Trey Hardy That's a crazy amount of damage. I always recommend to crack the motor open before jumping to conclusions and so you can make an accurate replacement parts list. Imagine you bought replacement cam and lifters to find your head and valves all messed up too
I got new lifters
Brian tooley sent a top end rebuild kit with pushrods valve springs retainers head bolts etc
Cam was undamaged and lifter weren’t bad but diddnt want to reuse it by no means
Heads were on my own dime that was another 200$ for some 899s and 400$ for a valve job and some porting

OP
OP
Trey Hardy

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
A5C54C61-4ADE-4550-B9D7-BDBED09CC5AB.jpegBuffed it out and sent it

robgreg75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@robgreg75 Did you keep AFM and use the same cam?

@Trey Hardy When I did mine the pushrods looked good but I still replaced them

I have not replaced the cam yet. I am waiting for my home to be finished that will have a much larger garage. I will just put it back factory. If it lasted 278K miles before I am not worried about the AFM.

OP
OP
Trey Hardy

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
Just an update the marvel mystery oil is still working well for me!
Haven’t had a stuck lifter since last year! My Tahoe is now creeping over 350,000 miles on the stock dod lifters and cam
Oil pressures holding strong
May have the occasional cold start lifter chatter for the first couple seconds that goes away pretty quickly.
I believe without the marvel mystery oil I would’ve tore the engine up long before now as I’ve got two lifters un stuck in two difference scenarios.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia