Gas prices making anyone reconsider?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven’t came across any 2022s that are failing. Have I missed it?
There have been a couple reported on here. I would guess with however many millions of lifters get produced there's a decent chance that not all of the bad ones made it into rigs during the suspected timeframe of failure. There could have been a pallet of them in warehouse somewhere that are making their way into newer builds. It's a possible scenario but I really have no idea. All I know for sure is the lifter failure never crosses my mind and I'd have no problem driving my '21 with a 5.3 anywhere anytime no worries at all.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We dipped briefly in MA to about $3.70 for regular about 3-4 weeks ago. Didn't last long! Back up to $4.29-4.33 now. Can't wait for the "suppliers switching over to summer blend" price hikes for Memorial Day weekend. Woohoo!!!

No not looking to ditch my 04 Tahoe Z71 just yet.

Last edited:

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not either, in fact I was just at my dealer (large dealer in Phoenix, AZ that services hundreds of GMC vehicles per day) and asked him about the lifter failures and he told me it was a certain manufacturing date(s) in 2021 that had the failures due to faulty lifters.

xycrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not either, in fact I was just at my dealer (large dealer in Phoenix, AZ that services hundreds of GMC vehicles per day) and asked him about the lifter failures and he told me it was a certain manufacturing date(s) in 2021 that had the failures due to faulty lifters.
Did he say what date(s)?

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did he say what date(s)?
No, but it was only the 2021 models he said, I think someone here on the forum had posted the dates.

EDIT: Just found this in another topic--
I had known about the TSB regarding the faulty lifters for builds between Sept 2020 and Mar 2021.

Last edited:

xycrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, but it was only the 2021 models he said, I think someone here on the forum had posted the dates.

EDIT: Just found this in another topic--
I had known about the TSB regarding the faulty lifters for builds between Sept 2020 and Mar 2021.
Thank you!!

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven’t came across any 2022s that are failing. Have I missed it?

'22 RST had lifters fail, with the service manager saying it wasn't the first he saw.

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score

'22 RST had lifters fail, with the service manager saying it wasn't the first he saw.

Yep, I believe that is the one and only thread regarding 22’s. Didnt bother reading it again but correct me if Im wrong there is only one 22 failure…per that thread. Haven't seen any others.

suterusu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, I believe that is the one and only thread regarding 22’s. Didnt bother reading it again but correct me if Im wrong there is only one 22 failure…per that thread. Haven't seen any others.

If there is one on a tiny internet forum, there are definitely more out there (and the dealer confirmed it to the customer in the thread). Not everyone out there is going to bother going on the internet, searching, registering on a forum, and posting about their '22 failing. People are still racking up miles on their new trucks, so I'm sure we'll see more crop up.

sickk21

Reaction score
If there is one on a tiny internet forum, there are definitely more out there (and the dealer confirmed it to the customer in the thread). Not everyone out there is going to bother going on the internet, searching, registering on a forum, and posting about their '22 failing. People are still racking up miles on their new trucks, so I'm sure we'll see more crop up.
There’s always been a few out there, since cylinder deactivation has been implemented. That doesn’t really say much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia