2022 Z71 Suburban 6.2L bent lifters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. You are a glutton for punishment! Curious - did you sell the '21 back to the dealership as a trade in?
Ha- I’m praying that’s not the case. I REALLY want this vehicle to work for me as it checks all the boxes, well the 21’ did except for this one TIIIIIINY little flaw.

No, it was like a feeding frenzy of dealers clamoring to buy my 21’. They were all trying to offer me significantly lower than what they were listing Yukons just like mine for on their websites to the tune of upwards of $10k less. I sold to the highest dealer offer and now they have it listed for an astronomical amount. Truly a bizarre time to be buying and selling new/newish vehicles.

SlimIm17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ha- I’m praying that’s not the case. I REALLY want this vehicle to work for me as it checks all the boxes, well the 21’ did except for this one TIIIIIINY little flaw.

No, it was like a feeding frenzy of dealers clamoring to buy my 21’. They were all trying to offer me significantly lower than what they were listing Yukons just like mine for on their websites to the tune of upwards of $10k less. I sold to the highest dealer offer and now they have it listed for an astronomical amount. Truly a bizarre time to be buying and selling new/newish vehicles.
I hear you. I LOVE my Tahoe. Fingers crossed I don't have any engine issues. But if I do, I'll end up like you and the damage might be too much to overcome from a mental standpoint. Tentative plan (assuming it fails this year) will be to have GM fix and sell it. And get in line for a '23 Sequoia. Yup, I said it. But if the Tahoe continues flawlessly, like it has been, going to keep it forever.

Reaction score
Seems the bent lifter issue is still happening. My 2022 Z71 with 2300 miles got towed off to the dealer today since it lost power and had tons of errors/alarms. I just heard from the dealer that the lifters are bent. I waited specifically for a 2022 because of this issue, but it happened. They are also not offering the same as is mentioned here: GM Authority Link
Sorry to hear about your luck. I don't know why GM can't seem to wrap their heads around this issue. DFM is a curse. The same technology in Mopar Gen III Hemi caused basically the same issues. Mine has survived 18k and I still worry about it. I don't want to be putting transmission fluid in the crank case at 80k miles out of paranoia. Hopefully the, "driving in L9" fix may save a few. ‍♂️

Toomanyhobbies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I experienced weird vibration at low vehicle and engine speed this morning on the way to school with my kids. almost like a flat tire. Is this a symptom? I'm around 2,300 miles now.

21TahoeDisappoint

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My first sign was a whole lot of warning lights "Service ESC", "Service Trailer Brake System", "Service Steering Column Lock" and "Service Traction Control", among others.

CaveDiver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Add another one to the list - My 2022 Tahoe RST died on the side of the road due to collapsed lifters in cylinder #2. Lots of warning lights including finally a blinking check engine light. They replaced lifters in both banks. Further concerning is that they also found some coolant in the oil. I guess I can see that being a result of the two bent pushrods etc... It has just over 8,000 miles on it. The Service Manager of the dealership said that he has seen quite a few coming in lately. Not sure if I will keep it or cut my losses now...

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Add another one to the list - My 2022 Tahoe RST died on the side of the road due to collapsed lifters in cylinder #2. Lots of warning lights including finally a blinking check engine light. They replaced lifters in both banks. Further concerning is that they also found some coolant in the oil. I guess I can see that being a result of the two bent pushrods etc... It has just over 8,000 miles on it. The Service Manager of the dealership said that he has seen quite a few coming in lately. Not sure if I will keep it or cut my losses now...
Shouldn't this have been a 2021 problem?

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently pieces of the spring can jam the lifter in a partially collapsed mode such that the pushrod falls out of its socket in the rocker arm (no upward pressure from the lifter spring keeping the pushrod in place), subsequently bending the push rod the next time the cam lobe comes around if the push rod happens to be resting in a place that inhibits its upward motion (like against the rocker trunion).
This is exactly what happened to me on my 2006 Saab... Gen 3.5 LH6 V8
159945-6b660eaf0452ff7a2284c013a3df51dc.jpg 159946-f940c30ba6c7a2880c4107cc4f151536.jpg
20220414_215433.jpg

Those are supposed to be 1 piece. Lifter is stuck in the collapsed position, with no spring to pull it out.

Jgrimberg1979

Reaction score
What sort of head in the sand horseshit is this?
Making it right? ******** they are, I can attest that it complete bs. 90k for a car that has major engine issues that left me and my family stranded in the middle of nowhere 3+ hours from home. I get to pick up my pos that still have one side with old lifters. And even if they replaced them. Its the same damn part (number etc) same damn thing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh