Gas prices making anyone reconsider?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ketzer

Reaction score
It definitely has made a difference historically. Big SUV sales have gone dead in the past when fuel prices were high.
Even with a Diesel, which is near impossible to get right now because of constraints, my local diesel fuel prices run higher than gas so any savings is evened out...

AgentOrange86

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah I've reconsidered but my Z71 6.2 is on the production line as we speak so there's no turning back now. If this a week after I placed my order then yeah, I may have waffled.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People are flush with money let's see for how long.

I certainly would not be taking delivery with this amount of uncertainty in geopolitics, oil pricing and runaway inflation. This is the second gut punch to our overleveraged economy in so many years and I believe we are teetering on the edge of the biggest correction in many years. I could be wrong but I fear I am right.

Buffalown

Reaction score
I do wonder what this will do to the out of control used car market one would have to think those prices will come back in line with reality…it does make me consider waiting a bit longer to see if I can get a 21 at a reasonable used price over the summer but with my current 22 order having a TPW of 4/11 I guess I’d have to make that decision soon

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do wonder what this will do to the out of control used car market one would have to think those prices will come back in line with reality…it does make me consider waiting a bit longer to see if I can get a 21 at a reasonable used price over the summer but with my current 22 order having a TPW of 4/11 I guess I’d have to make that decision soon
If buying a 21 I would be very concerned about getting one that has had the engine opened up and if those repairs are appearing on carfax reports.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if gas prices don’t come back down. I may seriously have to consider something else. But for now I absolutely hate small cars. I don’t like being low to the ground. I don’t feel as safe. (Sounds like I’m compensating for something else). But overall I just like driving a larger vehicle. Only thing saving me is that I only put 10k miles on my Yukon in the past 2 years. I don’t drive it that much at all.

I spend more time in my express van 6.0 gas guzzler. But I don’t have much of a choice. I need it for work. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t looking at EV vans last night though. Way out of my budget and currently only ford is offering a van this year

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll run the # again in case we don't remember them... Current day...

6.2 around town 15 mpg with Premium at 4.89 25 Gal = 375 miles@ 125.00 .33 a mile

3.0 around town 25 mpg with Diesel at 4.79 25 Gal = 625 miles@ 120.00 .19 a mile

And for the 5.3 Crowd 17 MPG around town with RUL @4.29 25 gal = 425 miles@ 117.00 .25 a mile

Not to mention if ( and a big if..) shortages would come to pass. There won't be any lines for Diesel and they won't be out....

Thats why I'm an all-diesel fleet...

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weren’t there issues with some places getting diesel about 5 months ago not to mention the urea that needs to be added, had its own shortage. I wouldn’t count on there not being a diesel shortage. If there was one, I’d say the truckers would get first dibs

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I paid $4.98 for my 93 octane yesterday, and I know that this price is relatively low compared to other parts of this country. I'm fortunate in that if gas prices get really out of control, I'll drive my Honda Fit more than my truck. But, I'm never going to get rid of my truck, just because of high gas prices. It is just too much fun to drive the truck.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
We haven't driven our Tahoe.much lately, I'm usually in my Express work van, and my gf doesn't work. As it is, it doesn't get great mpg--more smiles per gallon since it's cammed and tuned. Every time I drive it, I can't help myself lol. But I drove it yesterday and I drove it like an old lady! I use premium, and it's over $4 a gallon now. I really hope this crap ends soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveandKish