Does any use a Fumoto oil pan drain valve?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rayyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, all my BMWs have had top mount filters, and the manual references a vacuum hose down the dipstick tube to remove the old oil.

I had actually purchased a fluid evacuator specifically for my 540i, but UPS delivered it to the wrong address, and those dicks kept it. I got a refund after filing a UPS claim, but shortly after my car was totalled in a rearend collision.

I have another 540i, and might get another fluid evacuator just to make life easier.

Which 540i? Legendary E39?

Reaction score
I have the EZ Oil Drain valve on the 2012. They're nickle plated and use an o-ring. I also have the 90* hose adapter that attaches to the output.

To put one on the 2001 it would need the extention adapter so it will fit in the pan recess.

I too use a punch and poke a hole in the filter and let it drain before removing. Been doing that since 2007. If I'm in a hurry and don't want to sit and let the filter drain, I've found that a SOLO cup slid over the filter while loosening catches most of the mess

OP
OP
Charlie207

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which 540i? Legendary E39?

Yes, the only version worth owning. I'm on my third one now. Top was sold in TX, middle was wrecked by some skinny-jean hipster in a Duramax, bottom one is current project.

w7zVULy.jpg

2trTeCb.jpg
Io9y2iz.jpg

OP
OP
Charlie207

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! The latest one is a true M-Sport? 6spd?

Here is mine. View attachment 395254

I think it's just a clone, and I suppose I should run the VIN to see what's up, but it does have a Dinan intake and exhaust.

It's a 2001, so not a true M-Sport.

All my BMWs (4) and Saabs (7) have had manual gearboxes except that one Saab 9-5 Aero.... Sold that and bought a 5-spd Xterra.

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been using a Fumoto for years. It does drain more slowly than without the valve. But I just go do something else while it drains. I just moved to a new house where the wind always seems to blow. I'll need to get a piece of hose for future oil changes so the oil doesn't blow all over the place. I, too, punch the filter and let it drain. It doesn't eliminate the mess. But it helps quite a lot.

EddieC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dos the projection of the threaded portion cause dirty oil to stay in the pan when draining?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts