FYI Fumoto Oil Drain Valve

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Installed the Fumoto Oil drain valve 12mm-1.75 threads tonight. It will definitely make changing the oil a little less messy and easier. I got the F107N (N stands for the added nipple) with a locking clip. One downside is I couldn’t thread it so the valve lever is visible, but doesn’t matter...still is super easy to open the valve, shut it, and lock it. Some pictures...

5BFD6308-B024-4EE3-AE0F-7AAAF3B62D3C.jpeg

AB6D631C-CBE2-4BC3-9A0F-BBF68490A089.jpeg

They make a cap for the nipple, but forgot to order it. Will be adding that soon!

6522B715-2B31-47FB-8417-169FC6F6DDB4.jpeg

Last edited:

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wouldnt mind the valve being hidden/protected... simply add a piece of hose and no mess

Bandit-66

Reaction score
i'm not quite sure if all these systems do anything, except of course the clean finger.

because through the valve the drainage cross-section is reduced and thus the oil runs out slower and possibly, the abrasion and oil sludge do not bring out so, since the system is also something after in it.
there is always some residue in the pan,

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been thinking about adding a Fumoto in a lot of my vehicles over the years, just never got to doing it. Maybe I finally should find it in me to actually do it. LOL!

I have no issue doing the oil change the old-fashioned way, either, but Fumoto sure would make the draining a lot easier.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm not quite sure if all these systems do anything, except of course the clean finger.

because through the valve the drainage cross-section is reduced and thus the oil runs out slower and possibly, the abrasion and oil sludge do not bring out so, since the system is also something after in it.
I kinda agree. Not from experience but the idea of something threaded into the hole now creates a lip

I really like the idea but I can’t not think about this now lol

Pittz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been using the Fumoto since 2016. Not a single issue and makes oil changes so muc easier and cleaner. I would not be happy if someone brought one in to me if I were a Indy. It does take a lot longer to drain.

OP
OP
Jason in DLH

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score

Yeah...I thought about the residue as well. Perhaps after a couple oil change intervals I’ll unscrew it to see what kind of buildup there is.

Tiredmechanic23

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yeah...I thought about the residue as well. Perhaps after a couple oil change intervals I’ll unscrew it to see what kind of buildup there is.

heavy equipment manufacturers have used their own versions of these from factory for years with 0 issues on machines that see constant heavy duty use and poor maintenance. Still no issues. These will not cause a problem.

OP
OP
Jason in DLH

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
heavy equipment manufacturers have used their own versions of these from factory for years with 0 issues on machines that see constant heavy duty use and poor maintenance. Still no issues. These will not cause a problem.

Great to know, thanks!

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is the valve heat rated?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak