Cool air Intake for 2011 Chevy Tahoe.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Grey Beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

I am interested in a cool air intake on a 2011 Chevy Tahoe LTZ 4x4 5.6 /320 with 149 thousand miles. If you have seen The Grey Beast it’s clean and runs well. More problems with internal cab and no problems ,so far, with engine and transmission. It idles and runs well with new fluids and new spark plugs. However it’s an engine with 149 thousand miles.

I would like Pro’s and Cons of having one. What make of ait intake you recommend regardless of price. I will NOT be doing this by myself; unless you think this rookie could.

A recommend shop or dealer do the job would appreciated. Generally speaking of course. With any and all advice would be appreciated as well.

I have posted a lot lately but thank you for the invaluable advice.

Thank you

Ken

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its a 15 minute bolt on job - no need for shop. Blackbear found the airraid Jr kit to be the best for the gmt 900s adding 10 hp and torque or so.

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cold air intakes are snake oil. Don't waste your money. You already have a cold air intake under the hood.

Cone air filters look cool, but "less restrictive" means more crap inhaled into your engine.

And the only reason the Air Raid shows improvement is because of the tube, not the filter. The tube is smoother and air flows better through it than the stock tube.

Definitely get a tune like Blackbear. While it won't give you much of a power bump per se, you can adjust torque management and throttle settings to make it much more responsive.

OP
OP
The Grey Beast

The Grey Beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s a 15 minute bolt on job - no need for shop. Blackbear found the airraid Jr kit to be the best for the gmt 900s adding 10 hp and torque or so.
Would you recommend replacing the MAF censor to an aftermarket censor?

Thank you.

Ken

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been tempted to get one and then I talk myself out of it, since the truck never sees wot or much over 3k rpms, I don't know that any of them will improve flow over simple stock setup how this truck gets driven.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts