Control arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Do you have steel or aluminum knuckles? If steel (cast iron), you can convert to cast iron lowers from cast aluminum without having to change knuckles. I think.

Were aluminum knuckles/spindles even available on the GMT900s???

I thought the the ones @randeez used were from a '15+ Silvy.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I don't remember anymore Ken. I wrote this down a few years ago, it was next to a heading for a 1500 4WD and GMPartsDirect says it will fit mine.

upload_2020-11-3_17-42-45.png

Frankly, I don't even know what I really have! LOL They (knuckle and lower CA) look aluminum but magnets stick to them.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score

@kbuskill I think they are, Rough Countrys forged upper control arms comes with additional hardware in case you are using an aluminum knuckle. @swathdiver had the correct information that I had mixed up, the steel VS aluminum KNUCKLE is what I was thinking about, not steel vs aluminum sontrol arm.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i knew some years gmt900 had some aluminum control arms/spindles, it uses some mismatched ball joints and tie rod ends though, it was easier just to order all of it from a 14+ truck

jkssv08tahoe

Reaction score
I just did mine over. Since my truck came from Vermont and now has 160k on it. The bushings were shot and arms rusted badly. So I replaced them and had to cut one out with a Sawzall since the bolt was fused into one bushing. I just went with the steel ones. I did notice the aluminum ones since I do a lot of Mountain biking and I have to do some off-roading to get to trailheads. I figured the steel was the way to go. Since I was there I threw on two new hubs also since I had no clue if they were ever changed. Also New swaybar end links, rotors, and Calipers, and hoses too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomase1269

Latest posts