Front suspension Torque procedure for 07 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LSBoostedModular

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

First of thank you to the members that posted about the H3 engine mount. Thank you

I have read and found out the torque specs on here for front suspension. But haven’t found anything out about torque procedure. When tightening the upper and lower ball joints is it supposed to have load “jacked up on control arm to load”

Lower control arm to frame supposed to be loaded when torqued to 129ftlbs

Or is just the upper control arm bolted to frame the only part that is loaded when torquing to 140 ftlbs? Everything else just torqued with no load. I def want to get the torque correct as I don’t want to make a mistakes on ball joints

Thank you in advance - Jason

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

First of thank you to the members that posted about the H3 engine mount. Thank you

I have read and found out the torque specs on here for front suspension. But haven’t found anything out about torque procedure. When tightening the upper and lower ball joints is it supposed to have load “jacked up on control arm to load”

Lower control arm to frame supposed to be loaded when torqued to 129ftlbs

Or is just the upper control arm bolted to frame the only part that is loaded when torquing to 140 ftlbs? Everything else just torqued with no load. I def want to get the torque correct as I don’t want to make a mistakes on ball joints

Thank you in advance - Jason
I don’t think it matters on the ball joints if they are loaded or not.

I would torque the upper while its loaded, but know that they will be retorqued when you get it aligned.

You are going to get it aligned, right?

OP
OP
L

LSBoostedModular

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok just wanted to double check on here since a lot of you are very knowledgeable on these Yukons. So only the upper control arm bolts/nuts to frame is the only suspension part torqued with load?

Yes definitely getting it aligned as I replaced both sides. I marked camber locations and got it close but def going to get it aligned. Just wanted to make sure I torqued everything correctly before I drive it and get it aligned. Still trying to fix this tick as well. Tried mystery oil, no luck. Now going to try medic flush. If no luck I’ll try a quart of atf

OP
OP
L

LSBoostedModular

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any other opinions? I see people doing it both ways. Which is the correct way to torque control arms to frame and ball joint nuts?

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weight should be on the suspension - Loaded - and then
snug up your control arm bolts. otherwise they will bind up in
"jacked up" position - not good !!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
microfoxdev