Aluminum / XFE NNBS Front Suspension Rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
petethepug

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Mmnn Crow. Got the ultimate humiliation and had to eat crow today. If I google 2001 s10 rear brake conversion, this comes up

How the hell did I miss the part about 1982-1992 s10 conversion? Anyone wanna buy a discounted rear disc brake conversion for their S10, s15 or blazer?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mmnn Crow. Got the ultimate humiliation and had to eat crow today. If I google 2001 s10 rear brake conversion, this comes up

How the hell did I miss the part about 1982-1992 s10 conversion? Anyone wanna buy a discounted rear disc brake conversion for their S10, s15 or blazer?

When I converted my 2002 to rear discs, I just got the setup off of a Blazer. Direct bolt-on and the abutment brackets just needed a little shimming with some Grade 8 washers. I also deleted the proportioning valve and ran the lines straight into the master cylinder, Later on, I replaced the MC with one for a Blazer.

OP
OP
petethepug

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
I had read about that. I gave my Indi the green light to research what other options are out there because I obviously have too much on my plate right now. These guys are crafty on their own project so I’m sure their probably looking into the blazer swap. If not, I’ll let ‘em know it’s a thing.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had read about that. I gave my Indi the green light to research what other options are out there because I obviously have too much on my plate right now. These guys are crafty on their own project so I’m sure their probably looking into the blazer swap. If not, I’ll let ‘em know it’s a thing.

The only drawback is that you have to pull the axles to swap the backing plates. Considering the cost of the bolt-on kit versus the parts from a salvage yard or even parts store, I wouldn't consider it such a drawback. The diff fluid might need to be changed, anyway. May as well replace the outer axle bearings and seals while it's apart if those are original or leaking.

OP
OP
petethepug

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Yea, it’s apart already. I’ve never made a boneheaded move like this before. Truck is in the shop with the rear end zip tied just to move it around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts