Can’t find this trim piece anywhere

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DontTaseMeBro

Reaction score
Can someone tell me the part number for the lift gate window defroster cable connection cover? The cover has a bottom plastic piece as well that attaches to the glass and allows the cover to click in.

IMG_5788.jpeg

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me the part number for the lift gate window defroster cable connection cover? The cover has a bottom plastic piece as well that attaches to the glass and allows the cover to click in.

View attachment 427265
1714401088223.png

Just Searched GMC.com parts, looked for Back Glass...right there.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the future, when you post asking for help with a part, you might want to post your vehicle info.
In OP's defense...it is in the 2021+ Tahoe/Yukon forum, and looking at the pic, it is pretty clear it is a 21+ GM Full Sized SUV...in the case of the back glass, I don't think it is different model to model. However, generally I agree w/ your sentiment.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
In OP's defense...it is in the 2021+ Tahoe/Yukon forum, and looking at the pic, it is pretty clear it is a 21+ GM Full Sized SUV...in the case of the back glass, I don't think it is different model to model. However, generally I agree w/ your sentiment.
The key thing you said is "I don't think it is different model to model". If the OP puts down all the vehicle info, the guesswork disappears. 35+ years in the business, taught me that having too much info is better than not enough info.

OP
OP
D

DontTaseMeBro

Reaction score
In the future, when you post asking for help with a part, you might want to post your vehicle info.
My bad. I assumed since this was the 2021+ tahoe/suburban/escalade/yukon forum that it was obvious. The part is universal between all of them. For the record, I recently picked up a 2022 Yukon XL. I'll be posting some pics in my GD thread once it's all freshened up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

DontTaseMeBro

Reaction score
View attachment 427293

Just Searched GMC.com parts, looked for Back Glass...right there.
Thank you. Looks like it's just the top cover piece but not the plastic base(which the cover snaps into) that's attached to the glass. My guess is that the base pieces come with the glass and not the covers(or available for purchase separately).

IMG_5793.jpeg

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you. Looks like it's just the top cover piece but not the plastic base(which the cover snaps into) that's attached to the glass. My guess is that the base pieces come with the glass and not the covers(or available for purchase separately).

View attachment 427314
Plug your VIN in over at GMPartsGiant and have a look. Maybe try GMPartsDirect as well, they have diagrams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waiteben84