Backup camera location, anybody mount high up underneath the spoiler?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or attach the camera to a magnetic mount with long enough wire so you could stick it to the back of the bike rack or in the stock location when it's not. You'd have to attach a metal plate to the plastic for the stock location under the applique. Might have to attach a horizontal metal plate (2x2 angle iron?) to the back of the rack, too. Just off the top ideas...

OP
OP
Ilikemtb999

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or attach the camera to a magnetic mount with long enough wire so you could stick it to the back of the bike rack or in the stock location when it's not. You'd have to attach a metal plate to the plastic for the stock location under the applique. Might have to attach a horizontal metal plate (2x2 angle iron?) to the back of the rack, too. Just off the top ideas...
The wire comes out of the mounting stud out of the top. I think I’m just going to mount it in the stock location.

EMizzle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have actually done this as part of my five-camera setup when I was running a Lockpick in combination with my factory/re-used radio at the time. I was able to mount under the spolier (had to take the whole spoiler assembly apart) and run along the top of the liftgate to get inside. I'll put up pics when I get on lunch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali