Backup camera location, anybody mount high up underneath the spoiler?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a hitch mounted bike rack that stays on pretty exclusively and I’m thinking only seeing the sides would get old quick. Has anybody mounted it above the rear window instead of above the plate?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I can't see why not. Lots of cargo type vehicles have them that high with no issues.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I think it would be pretty slick... I would like to see it when done and see what the view is like from the head unit.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have no other options, do it. It'd be better than nothing and you'll eventually get used to the view.

Actually, that viewpoint would probably be more ideal for you since you need to watch the very back of the rack/bikes so you don't crush them against anything when backing.

OP
OP
Ilikemtb999

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s mainly for my wife as I don’t have a hard time judging the vehicle but my bike rack doesn’t come off very quickly so I don’t plan on removing it when not in use.

I’ll play around with it this week. Got my head unit and camera last week and waiting on an interface. Figured I can hook it up and see what it’s like up top vs middle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic