Backup camera location, anybody mount high up underneath the spoiler?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wolfbraid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well there are plenty of Flush mount style cameras available,
I'm definitely adding a backup cam, and I regularly drive a work vehicle with a high mount(I like the perspective better than low)
I'm also considering lane change/mirror cameras, just not sure how to integrate them, might be awkward to look at the center console instead(including) the mirrors

OP
OP
Ilikemtb999

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd think smaller is better, for that setup. Much more options for placement.
I just didn’t really have a reference for size when I bought it, opened it up and was happy it was the size it is. Not 100% sure if it’s the camera I’ll end up with. I may buy something a bit more hidden if it’s going on the spoiler

OP
OP
Ilikemtb999

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The view is a bit skewed up top but I think after a while the rack would annoy me. You can still “see” with it in stock location but would get old quick.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Just curious, would it be possible to install 2 backup cams where you could switch between the 2? One if you tow and another when you're not. Just a thought.

OP
OP
Ilikemtb999

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t see why not if your head unit allows multiple cameras. Or could get crazy and get a backup camera mirror in addition to the head unit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts