Opinions on Selling Price Requested - 2011 GMC Yukon Denali AWD - Chapel Hill, North Carolina

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you considered sourcing a 2-speed transfer case and the appropriate button for the dash, and perhaps having the ECU programmed to allow for this?
If you like the truck as-is and don't want to spend super big money on a replacement this may be the best way to go. And you know what your maintenance has been! AND you can sell the old transfer case too! It's almost like a CHEAP upgrade, my favorite!

PS - Don't forget about those websites bringatrailer and carsandbids. Carsandbids only charges the buyer fees not you from what I have seen, although I haven't used it myself.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it has the rear g80 locker and front limited slip, should do perfectly fine unless you are rock crawling in which case you would want something with a solid front axle anyway.

I have never heard of the front differential having a limited slip, unless it was added after the fact. Normally they don't put factory lockers in the front unless it's a selectable locker (electronic) because of the possibility that it engages and causes the driver to lose the ability to steer.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have never heard of the front differential having a limited slip, unless it was added after the fact. Normally they don't put factory lockers in the front unless it's a selectable locker (electronic) because of the possibility that it engages and causes the driver to lose the ability to steer.
it's not a locker, when 4wd is engaged it's limited slip on the front, the rear is a locker when it engages at speed if one wheel turns more revolutions than the other then it locks and both wheels spin same speed.
gm has as of 2022/23 made a front locker for certain model silverado's, reviews are "it works" but it's not for rock crawling

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's not a locker, when 4wd is engaged it's limited slip on the front, the rear is a locker when it engages at speed if one wheel turns more revolutions than the other then it locks and both wheels spin same speed.
gm has as of 2022/23 made a front locker for certain model silverado's, reviews are "it works" but it's not for rock crawling
My build sheet mentions none of this other than G80 for the rear which I have verified (I played with that locking pawl) with my own eyes during an oil service and wheel seal service when the cover was removed. Was the front limited slip a special option or for Z71 or what? Unfortunately there's no way to see in there during a service unless sticking a fiber optic camera in through the fill hole.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My build sheet mentions none of this other than G80 for the rear which I have verified (I played with that locking pawl) with my own eyes during an oil service and wheel seal service when the cover was removed. Was the front limited slip a special option or for Z71 or what? Unfortunately there's no way to see in there during a service unless sticking a fiber optic camera in through the fill hole.
GM doesn't really define what it is but from what I have read the front acts like limited slip when 4wd is engaged

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score

intheburbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All GMT900 trucks have an open front diff.
If the front differential was limited slip, when locked, it would cause some unusual driving characteristics. Like I said prior I have never seen an OEM vehicle manufacturer install one in the front because it would be too large of a liability.