another E-fan thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
if it's not too late pull the radiator too as it's the larger radiator in the 05+ and the fans will bolt right up to it. you don't need a special tool to pull the clutch fan. i used a large pipe wrench and a hammer to whack the handle of the wrench to loosen the fan on my 99. used the same method to put it back on before i sold the truck and removed the fans.

goood to know mang... yea i still have not got around to doing this, i have been in super lazy mode lately! i was unaware that the 05-06 model had a bigger Rad though...

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
also good to know... i sure am glad i got the Z71... it would be PERFECT if it wasnt for the nasty grey trim!

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
if it's not too late pull the radiator too as it's the larger radiator in the 05+ and the fans will bolt right up to it. you don't need a special tool to pull the clutch fan. i used a large pipe wrench and a hammer to whack the handle of the wrench to loosen the fan on my 99. used the same method to put it back on before i sold the truck and removed the fans.

Hmmm. Gonna pick up my e-fan assembly soon, did not know that about the radiator. I have an 04' LT not Z71 how big is the "bigger" radiator so I can measure mine and if I do, which I probably do, have the smaller radiator will the assembly still work/fit?

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
Hmmm. Gonna pick up my e-fan assembly soon, did not know that about the radiator. I have an 04' LT not Z71 how big is the "bigger" radiator so I can measure mine and if I do, which I probably do, have the smaller radiator will the assembly still work/fit?

i don't remember exactly the 2 different sizes...memory serves me one is 28" and the other is 34". When I did my efans I used ls1 fans so I'm not exactly sure if the 05-06 fans will work directly over the smaller rad or not. Hopefully someone that has done this exact mod can chime in. You might check with someone at gmfs or pt.net as i know alot of the truck guys have done this mod with ls1 or oem fans.

Pat

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You will know if you have the larger radiator, if you measure from bolt to bolt and it equals ~38". If you have the smaller radiator, I would recommend the LS1 fans like Pat mentioned.

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
You will know if you have the larger radiator, if you measure from bolt to bolt and it equals ~38". If you have the smaller radiator, I would recommend the LS1 fans like Pat mentioned.

Ok, if u mean bolt to bolt on the back side of the radiator at the top by the hose then Im
all good at 38"....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo