another E-fan thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dec322

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the thermostat is different for the 2002 model?? I'm confused now...I thought by using the harness and the PCM efan switched on, you don't ahve to do shi!t else. It seemed JKs way was to ensure when the AC clutch kicked in, the efan would also.

?
BOSS

I didn't feel like this question was directly addressed so I will say something to it. Initially I was confused with the talk of the new "thermostat" because I was thinking of the coolant thermostat. These are two different t-stats.

The one used for the e-fan setup goes between the fins of the radiator. It sends the temps to the fan controller and the controller turns the fans on at the set temperature.

You still retain the stock t-stat for the coolant system.

I like this method best because it would be cheaper for me. JK did his for under $150 (I think).

Now, if I had the BB tune like the OP then I would go with the 05-up fans. Not everyone can live the yukon/tahoe mod dreams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts