4 Piston Big Brake Upgrade from 2019-20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mang213

Reaction score
Looks Good!
The Trail Boss wheel is a good looking wheel, and smoking price!
Do they have the squiggly ones, I think these were for the 19 GMC?
These ones fit too.

View attachment 278239
Not sure but I'll share the Seller's info from ebay for you guys to look up. They had an excellent rating with tons of transactions, and the wheels got to me pretty quickly in very good packaging. Info coming soon

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
fasteddy

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
fasteddy

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And BTW,
I took the Tahoe equipped now with the super calipers to AZ today.
With that trip and weekend mileage I have about 500 miles on em.

And so far.
1. No loss in torqued settings on the caliper bolts
2. No spacer (washer) degradation...compression or weirdness
3. No uneven pad wear or strange streaking on the rotor. If I don't have it lined up correctly I'll see uneven pad wear.
4. No stress cracks from shaving that ridge off yet.

And I was able to follow cars in front of me so much closer without the fear of not being able to stop in time.....and fend off the dorks from diving in front of me.

And I stopped a few times on the trip to take rotor and caliper heat readings....no issues
At the bottom of a 20 minute downhill grade (and about 90 outside) I stopped to check the temps and no issues.
I actually touched the caliper with my finger (I never do that) and was so surprised that it was barely even warm. Being made of steel I thought it would've
retained more heat. It must be made of some weird alloy.

Here's a thought.
If I towed alot with one of these vehicles, I would definitely want to use these calipers and rotors.
I don't know if it fits on a 2500, the spindle/caliper bolt pattern might be different.

01subCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So anyone interested in cross drilled powerstops are on back order till after July 5th I guessbut after researching I found r1 concepts has them.they actually machine them after you order takes a week minimum.then it was 5 days shippjng.gonna run about 200 for the pair.i scored a 25% off code from there site tho got them shipped for 135!!!part numbers are in the pics.ill get pics of the install hopefully soon

IMG_20210505_135210.jpg IMG_20210505_135417.jpg IMG_20210505_135446.jpg

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a thought.
If I towed alot with one of these vehicles, I would definitely want to use these calipers and rotors.
I don't know if it fits on a 2500, the spindle/caliper bolt pattern might be different.

This is exactly why I want to do it.

So anyone interested in cross drilled powerstops are on back order till after July 5th I guessbut after researching I found r1 concepts has them.they actually machine them after you order takes a week minimum.then it was 5 days shippjng.gonna run about 200 for the pair.i scored a 25% off code from there site tho got them shipped for 135!!!part numbers are in the pics.ill get pics of the install hopefully soon

View attachment 278468 View attachment 278469 View attachment 278470

I think I'm gonna jump on this now! Thank you so much!

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get all my OEM discs from Brake Performance. They cryo-treat them for durability and warp-resistance. I started using them back when I had a Mustang Cobra that would warp the fronts on a regular basis. They have several styles; plain, drilled, slotted and combinations. They also zinc coat, silver or black.

https://brakeperformance.com/all-products.php

They list discs for 2019/20 Silverado. So I assume these work for this application. FYI the 35% discount is perpetual. Every now and then it bumps to 40%.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo