4 Piston Big Brake Upgrade from 2019-20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
fasteddy

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another point to consider is the spare tire, as you probably don't want to lug one around that doesn't fit the front after the brake install.

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
Another point to consider is the spare tire, as you probably don't want to lug one around that doesn't fit the front after the brake install.
I no a 33 inch goodyear duratrac will fit but you have to cut the rear of the hitch receiver just a tad.Its tight but does fit.I made 2 cuts one shown and then an angled one for easy up with the hoist so it falls in.

Spare tire 027.JPG Spare tire 073.JPG hitch to spare tire clearence 044.JPG

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We're just working on the fronts right now.
We've had some successful test fits, constrained by 19+ silverado wheels, but no rolling installs yet reported here.
Mine will be soon, just waiting on wheels.

I installed the 21 brakes on a friend's 2005 RCSB. He's been driving it for 6 months or so. A guy he knows also has them on his 03.

You just put the spare on the rear and then the wheel from the rear on the front if you have a flat on the front.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the test caliper from @1BADI5 coming so I will test the common NNBS LTZ20s with and without spacers. I'd test other stuff but all the other wheels I have are 17"s and I don't think a 17" will clear at all.

Anybody near central Florida that wants the test caliper when I'm done?

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the test caliper from @1BADI5 coming so I will test the common NNBS LTZ20s with and without spacers. I'd test other stuff but all the other wheels I have are 17"s and I don't think a 17" will clear at all.

Anybody near central Florida that wants the test caliper when I'm done?

Should work with 17's, it was going to work with my PPV wheels with the appropriate spacer

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should work with 17's, it was going to work with my PPV wheels with the appropriate spacer

Oh, I didn't realize that, I thought I saw somewhere that an 18" was the minimum. I'll test with my Methods, PPVs, and OEM NBS denali wheels then! The more info the better might need to start a thread about what is confirmed to fit.

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can always get a cheap, curbed wheel to carry under there. Back when I had drop spindles on my Expedition (requiring 18" wheels), I couldn't find an 18" spare to fit the metric bolt pattern they used on the '97-02s. So since I had Lightning wheels on the Expy, I bought a curbed Lightning wheel on eBay for less than $100, and mounted one of my old tires on it as a spare. Turns out I never needed it. But I sure didn't want to make a roadside flat twice as bad by having to change two tires.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, I didn't realize that, I thought I saw somewhere that an 18" was the minimum. I'll test with my Methods, PPVs, and OEM NBS denali wheels then! The more info the better might need to start a thread about what is confirmed to fit.

Hell yeah man, I remember doing all of this on the GMT355 platform (04-12 Chevy Colorado) buying parts and test fitting, confirming, denying or developing solutions to make something work.

Let me know if you need anything. BTW I left some spare caliper bolts and some washer/spacers on there for you're testing pleasures LOL

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hell yeah man, I remember doing all of this on the GMT355 platform (04-12 Chevy Colorado) buying parts and test fitting, confirming, denying or developing solutions to make something work.

Let me know if you need anything. BTW I left some spare caliper bolts and some washer/spacers on there for you're testing pleasures LOL

Oh baby that .69 really helped :gayfight:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons