4 Piston Big Brake Upgrade from 2019-20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is good looking packaging, the next person best not expect that from me :anitoof:

Nice work bench setup btw!

Thanks homie, its a simple packing job.
That is good looking packaging, the next person best not expect that from me :anitoof:

Nice work bench setup btw!

Thanks homie.

That packing job is easy.

PXL_20210415_123259218.jpg

OP
OP
fasteddy

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, I didn't realize that, I thought I saw somewhere that an 18" was the minimum. I'll test with my Methods, PPVs, and OEM NBS denali wheels then! The more info the better might need to start a thread about what is confirmed to fit.

My 05 Z71 wheels - 17" - cleared, that is the barrel cleared over the caliper and rotor....
It just needed a little spacer to push it out a bit.....
I just don't like using spacers because you lose thread on the stud....

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 05 Z71 wheels - 17" - cleared, that is the barrel cleared over the caliper and rotor....
It just needed a little spacer to push it out a bit.....
I just don't like using spacers because you lose thread on the stud....

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the small spacers that make you lose threads, although I did run them for over a year and 30kish miles without any issues. Tires shops didn't even give me a hard time. I think it would be worth it for the bigger brakes, for my application at least.

OP
OP
fasteddy

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the small spacers that make you lose threads, although I did run them for over a year and 30kish miles without any issues. Tires shops didn't even give me a hard time. I think it would be worth it for the bigger brakes, for my application at least.

Your application?
Just downshift and let out the clutch.....LOL

I should have measured, with washers, how much of a spacer my Z71 would need.
It was close.

It's probably the same for all of the pre-19 or pre-caliper wheels....

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your application?
Just downshift and let out the clutch.....LOL

I should have measured, with washers, how much of a spacer my Z71 would need.
It was close.

It's probably the same for all of the pre-19 or pre-caliper wheels....

Compression braking always works but brakes are cheaper/easier to replace than a clutch. Also I find the current Powerstop kit to work fantastic with the factory hydroboost but, I push the limits of this platform towing since I have the power, gearing, and suspension to do so. What's lacking is most certainly the brakes when loaded over 6k or so, especially on a trailer with no brakes like all mine are lacking :fc5716bd:.

One day I'll upgrade to a 20' equipment trailer with big boy axles, disc brakes, and a brake controller in the hoe. That ain't gonna be anytime soon!

OP
OP
fasteddy

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Off the subject.....totally
What do you tow around?

You need to do the duramax swap with Allison 6speed. Easier swap on the H2's as they are built on a 2500 chassis.
I've seen a Tahoe done, just one, but you have get a totally different rear diff.

I'm on the fence about this one......but still might do it.
Linex'd body though, maintenance issue I think. But 1000lbs of torque on high and tuned down gets 20MPG.
Tunes can be swapped on the fly. Don't you wish you could do that on your Tahoe?

s-l1600.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For some reason I thought these had bigger rotors than 13.5”. It’s been awhile since I messed with the NNBS swap on my NBS but weren’t they 13”? 13.5 doesn’t scream BBK to me like the 16” Wilwoods I have do. But for the price it’s great for sure. This needs to be the go-to for guys swapping the NBS instead of going to NNBS. Great info guys, keep testing and adding data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLeritz