4 Piston Big Brake Upgrade from 2019-20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
fasteddy

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's good to know, I know a lot of older forum members that have vanished and always wonder what happened to them. If the rotors and pads weren't so expensive it would be a worthwhile swap. I think the brackets are priced fairly but the wear items are far too expensive for a daily drive that see 20k+ a year on it.

And you know those GM $90 pads are probably designed for 50K+
And the pad swap on the 4P caliper is very quick.
I like high friction pads that generate a boatload of dust and eat rotors, but they are all still sold out.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And you know those GM $90 pads are probably designed for 50K+
And the pad swap on the 4P caliper is very quick.
I like high friction pads that generate a boatload of dust and eat rotors, but they are all still sold out.

No thanks, I want long life, dust-free and quiet pads lol.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. ZR1 Brembo is better.

Do you paint the backside of the pad red?
To make it look homogenous? I'm gonna do that.

I just have a budget theme on my tahoe, so I'm happy to stay OEM when I can. There's a big difference between $600 and $2500.
I'm still kinda kicking my self that I bought the fuel wheels when I should've bought the Ebay AT4 squigglies.

No. I think painting the pads red would make it look like someone painted their calipers and everything around it because they didn't take the caliper off.

FrankU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just received the 20 brake caliper sent to me by Dan and it clears my 20" GMC wheels with room to spare. The 20 caliper is huge compared to the stock caliper on the Tahoe. Below is a picture of the wheels , I don't know what they call them.

Next up to test the caliper to see if it fits. Pay actual shipping cost of $19.10 and don't forget the 58 cents.PM me. And thanks to the member that purchased this caliper Dan also.
tahoe11.jpg

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just received the 20 brake caliper sent to me by Dan and it clears my 20" GMC wheels with room to spare. The 20 caliper is huge compared to the stock caliper on the Tahoe. Below is a picture of the wheels , I don't know what they call them.

Next up to test the caliper to see if it fits. Pay actual shipping cost of $19.10 and don't forget the 58 cents.PM me. And thanks to the member that purchased this caliper Dan also.
View attachment 278713
Caliper making the rounds. Frequent flyer miles should be in store.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972