4 Piston Big Brake Upgrade from 2019-20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I 2nd that 1 reason i did them first before the caliper and rotor upgrade so i could see what made the most difference 1 at a time.

I feel like I didn't notice much difference with the stainless lines, although despite a 3 bottle flush my brake fluid is still black which I suspect is part of the problem. I'm preparing for a gallon flush this time after I hand vacuum as much as I can out.

I used Power stop lines but had one strip, the Goodrich lines were great on my Silverado.

tRidiot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO the braided lines will do almost as much good as the ‘20 calipers and rotors. Sure made a difference back when I did the NNBS upgrade.

You noticed a difference from changing to braided lines? What difference...

Also I thought it was interesting in one of those videos the guy did say he felt he needed to push a long farther and harder on the brakes after this swap (and improved rears, too), presumptively due to a master cylinder that is undersized for that application. Any thoughts on that swap, too?

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just received the 20 brake caliper sent to me by Dan and it clears my 20" GMC wheels with room to spare. The 20 caliper is huge compared to the stock caliper on the Tahoe. Below is a picture of the wheels , I don't know what they call them.

Next up to test the caliper to see if it fits. Pay actual shipping cost of $19.10 and don't forget the 58 cents.PM me. And thanks to the member that purchased this caliper Dan also.
View attachment 278713

Its was money well spent, glad I could contribute to yall in spending more money on their trucks!

Some needs to put together a thread with all of the verified wheels

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+100 on the wheel compatibility list!

I'd offer to test fit that caliper. But I've got too many projects already. If I got it, it would sit for months, which wouldn't do any of you any good. I'm still hoping for a template...

I'm smiling because most of you are doing the sensible thing, and picking wheels that clear the caliper. I'm actually basing my decision to upgrade on whether or not the wheels I have will clear. I'm probably doing it wrong. But I REALLY like my wheels. If they don't clear, I guess I'll save up for Wilwood or Brembo parts.

tRidiot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+100 on the wheel compatibility list!

I'd offer to test fit that caliper. But I've got too many projects already. If I got it, it would sit for months, which wouldn't do any of you any good. I'm still hoping for a template...

I'm smiling because most of you are doing the sensible thing, and picking wheels that clear the caliper. I'm actually basing my decision to upgrade on whether or not the wheels I have will clear. I'm probably doing it wrong. But I REALLY like my wheels. If they don't clear, I guess I'll save up for Wilwood or Brembo parts.

Ed Zachary... I like my wheels. If the '20 calipers don't fit, I'll look at the '07 ones, or look for other options.

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score

Also I thought it was interesting in one of those videos the guy did say he felt he needed to push a long farther and harder on the brakes after this swap (and improved rears, too), presumptively due to a master cylinder that is undersized for that application. Any thoughts on that swap, too?
Alot firmer brake pedal-not squishy-i used the goodridge lines.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What brand lines are y’all using?

I used Goodridge lines. If you go this route, I used the factory mounting hardware by opening it up, inserting the new line, and clamping it back down.

Firmer pedal feel. The rubber lines expand as pressure is applied, making them feel squishier.

And if that guy feels he has to push longer and further on his pedal, either his imagination is getting the better of him or he has air in the lines. I’m betting on the latter.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup, I have the GoodRidge lines on my PPV and my Colorado........money well spent

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts