4 Piston Big Brake Upgrade from 2019-20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice upgrade for the money. I'm still undecided between the 2020 brake upgrade and Wilwoods F&R. The stock brakes on this platform are bad to put them mildly.
Yeah, I went with Wilwoods. They might be expensive but their 6 piston calipers on the 16” front rotors are enormous even compared to these.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dan are your the one with the 07-14 upgrade already on your tahoe now.

No I believe mine just has regular NBS powerstop brakes, I have the 07-14 front brakes on my silverado and they are good but not drastically noticable IMO.

I just received the 20 brake caliper sent to me by Dan and it clears my 20" GMC wheels with room to spare. The 20 caliper is huge compared to the stock caliper on the Tahoe. Below is a picture of the wheels , I don't know what they call them.

Next up to test the caliper to see if it fits. Pay actual shipping cost of $19.10 and don't forget the 58 cents.PM me. And thanks to the member that purchased this caliper Dan also.
View attachment 278713

Nice another set of wheels tested! Glad it made it in one piece too, not sure what that .58cents is about I swore it was .69 :D

OP
OP
fasteddy

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove mine around all week in the 100 degree heat of AZ. Love them. No issues here.
Even had two people come up to me at the convenience store and and ask "Hey what kind of brakes are those?"
Trucks and Hoes and Subs are big in AZ, almost as big as guns.

I'm kinda sad now because I won't get to drive it for a awhile because the engine is coming out!

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
No I believe mine just has regular NBS powerstop brakes, I have the 07-14 front brakes on my silverado and they are good but not drastically noticable IMO.

Nice another set of wheels tested! Glad it made it in one piece too, not sure what that .58cents is about I swore it was .69 :D
Didnt someone on here have the nnbs or 07-14 upgrade on their tahoe and was going to up grade to these new calipers off silverado.I will have to go back 30 pages and see if i can find it.

01subCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have nnbs stuff on mine now.but I'm not doing my 2020 upgrade for a few more weeks.im on my winter rims still cause I'm getting my 24s painted.figure I'll do the brakes,braided lines and upgraded fronts and new rear calipers and rotors (stock just new)

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have nnbs stuff on mine now.but I'm not doing my 2020 upgrade for a few more weeks.im on my winter rims still cause I'm getting my 24s painted.figure I'll do the brakes,braided lines and upgraded fronts and new rear calipers and rotors (stock just new)
IMO the braided lines will do almost as much good as the ‘20 calipers and rotors. Sure made a difference back when I did the NNBS upgrade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon