07+ Brake upgrade on a 00-06 NBS, is it worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeLade

Reaction score
So I did the upgrade. Rotors, pads, calipers and brackets all from a 2007 Tahoe. Everything bolted on as this thread suggests.

The brakes feel amazing. The truck stops hard and I no longer have a terrible shake in the wheel when I have to get on them hard. I was also fighting a random ABS issue that seems to be fixed now. I attribute that to the disgusting fluid.

In the photos below, the purple calipers are OEM. My reason for replacing was that the bleeders were seized. You can tell by the brake fluid in the Dr. Pepper bottle that it was in desperate need of a flush.

Last photo is a before and after. I had to install new tie rod ends so I took the opportunity to take some load off the torsions and put it back to stock.

20160612_192311.jpg 20160910_160411.jpg 20160910_124750.jpg

20160913_131319.jpg

received_10210718044366671.jpeg

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I did the upgrade. Rotors, pads, calipers and brackets all from a 2007 Tahoe. Everything bolted on as this thread suggests.

The brakes feel amazing. The truck stops hard and I no longer have a terrible shake in the wheel when I have to get on them hard. I was also fighting a random ABS issue that seems to be fixed now. I attribute that to the disgusting fluid.

In the photos below, the purple calipers are OEM. My reason for replacing was that the bleeders were seized. You can tell by the brake fluid in the Dr. Pepper bottle that it was in desperate need of a flush.

Last photo is a before and after. I had to install new tie rod ends so I took the opportunity to take some load off the torsions and put it back to stock.

View attachment 67222 View attachment 67223 View attachment 67225

View attachment 67228

View attachment 67229
The brakes look so much better on the vehicles with big wheels!

What rotors did you go with? I personally am a fan of blanks over slotted/drilled options so I like that you went that route and found it to be an improvement!

MikeLade

Reaction score
The brakes look so much better on the vehicles with big wheels!

What rotors did you go with? I personally am a fan of blanks over slotted/drilled options so I like that you went that route and found it to be an improvement!

I agree. The brakes behind the big wheels look much better.

The rotors and calipers are Brake Best brand from O'Reilly. I have a jobber account with them so the cost was my biggest concern.

Great job @MikeLade ! Good to hear your brakes are working better.

Thanks! Next on the list is braided hoses then lots of other goodies to possibly go to SEMA next year.

Chip18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK ... O7 upgrade are on my things to do list. I also have "Black Brake Fluid" and I get a "pulsing on the front brakes??

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK ... O7 upgrade are on my things to do list. I also have "Black Brake Fluid" and I get a "pulsing on the front brakes??

pulsing is likely warped rotors, which you would replace when doing the NNBS upgrade so that would fix that problem

Chip18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pulsing is likely warped rotors, which you would replace when doing the NNBS upgrade so that would fix that problem
Yeah kinda what I was thinking?? The rotors were turned and they look good ... but something is off??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnimalMother