07+ Brake upgrade on a 00-06 NBS, is it worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pnwdan

Cunning linguist
Reaction score
well mabye i wasnt that clear
i found a great deal of GMT900 Rotors and break pads so the mod is to replace the Front GMT800 rotors with GMT900

the question is can i also install GMT900 Rear rotors on GMT800 rear

"the deal was a ceramic rotors and pads but the sho[ only supply GMT900"
Like I stated.. swapping the rears would be a downgrade so I think nobody has done it. No way to know for sure

khaled_94

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i guess i'll take the risk and try it

but last thing to check the rear GMT900 rotors are 13" right?

lowAZhoe

Resident GM Tech
Reaction score
The rears do not swap as I stated in my previous post. The gmt800 rear is already better than the gmt900.

If you want better brakes get the 14" upgrade using stock calipers.

hertahoe

Reaction score
Well I got all the parts to start this project tomorrow - pads, rotors and calipers. Got the slotted/drilled and ceramic pads (only wanted slotted) but I got a good deal off Amazon for $164 and ended up paying $100 for both calipers from Advanced Auto. Hopefully it all goes smooth and my wife will be safely stopping once again!

metelhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats the wheels size you can run with 14"?...(asking cause my snows are still on 17"...would like to see that change to 20" once the tires wear out or get sold)

In my experience regarding brakes- the bigger the better. 14" with good rotors/pads should improve stoppage dramatically...

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So how many of you wanting to upgrade have hydroboost? Mine does. I'm running the factory set up and mine stops great for what it is. Stops way better than my last sierra did I'm assuming because it has more weight on the rear and doesn't just lock up...

Does it stop like my acura tl does? No but it weights almost twice as much... I have yet to have a oh shit moment I wasn't able to stop in time for and I'm a pretty aggressive driver.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get SS lines. They make all the difference in the world.
Are you talking braided lines to replace the rubber lines at the wheels or the main lines or both? I was thinking about replacing the rubber lines but not sure if it's worth it.

stephygee

Just Steph
Reaction score
Are you talking braided lines to replace the rubber lines at the wheels or the main lines or both? I was thinking about replacing the rubber lines but not sure if it's worth it.

Yes, steel braided brake lines to replace the rubber ones. Don't half *ss it, you'll only piss yourself off. When I went from 24" to 26" wheels, I upgraded my brakes and it didn't make much difference until I added Russell stainless steel brake lines.

DSC_0028-vi.jpg

DSC_0041-vi.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons