07+ Brake upgrade on a 00-06 NBS, is it worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ATIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a1d0bebe535864d923f061a60028a790.jpgLook what the UPS guy just brought me!

Almost got all my parts, just need the calipers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weird, UPS brought my rotors today too! Got my calipers Monday and painted them, already had the brake lines. Just waiting on my EBC brake pads. Looks like Saturday is install day. Bought a pneumatic brake bleeder from Harbor Freight so hopefully it will be easy to bleed them.IMG_5284.JPG

ATIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weird, UPS brought my rotors today too! Got my calipers Monday and painted them, already had the brake lines. Just waiting on my EBC brake pads. Looks like Saturday is install day. Bought a pneumatic brake bleeder from Harbor Freight so hopefully it will be easy to bleed them.View attachment 64936
Yeah I can't wait til I get to do the parts layout pic!

Soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if I should replace all my brake fluid when I do this. Also, does anybody know the correct order for bleeding? I assume I start at the farthest point as in the rear? I've never bled the entire system.

David Paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if I should replace all my brake fluid when I do this. Also, does anybody know the correct order for bleeding? I assume I start at the farthest point as in the rear? I've never bled the entire system.

I did when I did mine. It's really easy if your using a vacuume bleeder. Just keep the master cylinder topped off. You are correct in the order, r rear, l rear, r front, l front.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weird, UPS brought my rotors today too! Got my calipers Monday and painted them, already had the brake lines. Just waiting on my EBC brake pads. Looks like Saturday is install day. Bought a pneumatic brake bleeder from Harbor Freight so hopefully it will be easy to bleed them.View attachment 64936

@Red Rocket

Really interested to hear your report on the NNBS brake upgrade. If it really is worth it compared to the NBS setup. Also, how much $$ you are into the NNBS upgrade with rotors, calipers, pads, SS lines, etc...

Keep us posted and throw up some pics as well. :popcorn:

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Red Rocket

Really interested to hear your report on the NNBS brake upgrade. If it really is worth it compared to the NBS setup. Also, how much $$ you are into the NNBS upgrade with rotors, calipers, pads, SS lines, etc...

Keep us posted and throw up some pics as well. :popcorn:

Well look @ it this way:
Its really no more expensive than replacing with new NBS equipment, and it's not a bad idea to replace this stuff on these vehicles @ this age anyways. When my front pads wear out im going to do this upgrade- rotors are due, calipers might as well be replaced as they are 15 years old now, and lines need replaced.

After getting back your core charges its likely ~$100 for calipers. Rotors and lines could be as cheap as $60-75 per pair and $20 per pair respectively. You could spend significantly more on unobtainium rotors and stainless lines of course.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thx @TheAutumnWind

Good info. Yeah just put new NBS equipment on one year ago and probably should have looked/researched harder into this NNBS upgrade at the time. That's why I was so curious about the acutal results. Especially since Red has 26s, lowered, etc....

I want to hear someone say YES this is awesome upgrade or it's okay, glad I did it, but still doesn't stop me on a dime like we all want, but short of a BBK and the $$ that go with it.

Just looking for the insight like the rest of us. Thx for the price info.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well @TheAutumnWind I didn't get away quite that cheap but it wasn't too bad considering what you end up with. I shopped around and Amazon had the best prices shipped on everything except the EBC pads.The rebuilt OEM calipers were 238.63 shipped after core return, the powerstop drilled/slotted rotors were 141.17 shipped, the Goodridge stainless lines were 130 shipped, and the EBC 7000 series pads were 73.41 shipped from EBay which turned out to be from Auto Anything. I use EBC pads in all my vehicles after finding out about them from the motorcycle forums I'm on. Best pads I've ever used. Anyway after adding it all up....583.21. Plus another $20 or so for caliper paint and brake fluid. So...call it $600. I'm sure you could buy some cheaper parts, you don't HAVE to replace the brake lines, but I figure if I'm doing this I'm doing it right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Icyagent