05 Tahoe EBCM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if disconnecting 3 three bracket to frame bolts will allow more play to move it a bit. I'd like to be able to return this one for a core, which some private companies will take for like $10 off.
all you can do is try, it might squirrel around a bit when trying to cut if it is not secured

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I repaired my EBCM about 3 years ago. Pretty much right before the pandemic started. I took plenty pics and I was going to do a write up, but my phone crashed shortly afterwards and I lost ALL the pics. I suspect it had something to do with my wife repeatedly dousing it with Lysol. Regardless, I did remove it with a T27 I believe, T25 had a bit of wiggle and I was scared I would strip them out. Thankfully I didn't strip any screws. I did however strip one of the T5 (or was it T7) screws that you unscrew to actually open up the EBCM to repair it. After removing all the screws, you slowly cut the seam/rubber sealant all around it with a very sharp razor blade all while SLOWLY prying it open. After I got it open, I reflowed the solder on each of the relays and every solenoid. Then I sealed it back together with RTV, put the screws back in, and re-installed it in my truck. Not one single ABS light or code ever since.
I feel bad because I took a LOT of pics, from everything to removing it, to the fastener size, to cutting it open, reflowing the solder, then putting all together again. I felt it was pointless to do a write up with no pictures. Also, I do have an "L" shaped module, but which version, I'd be lying if I told you.
So you don't use an Android phone? Those typically backup pictures to Google photos...

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dumb question but... Well, that has never stopped me before (even when it should have)...

When you get a stripped screw/bolt like that, have you ever considered taking a spare screw/bolt you have laying around, gluing it to the bad screw/bolt, letting it set, and then unscrewing in that manner?

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you don't use an Android phone? Those typically backup pictures to Google photos...
Yes, but I specifically had it set to NOT backup up to the cloud/Google Photos. Let's just say, I had some "spicy" photos I took and I did NOT want them anywhere but on my phone. I forgot to change the settings back after that and it bit me in the ass. I lost a LOT of pictures.

OP
OP
JPVortex

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dumb question but... Well, that has never stopped me before (even when it should have)...

When you get a stripped screw/bolt like that, have you ever considered taking a spare screw/bolt you have laying around, gluing it to the bad screw/bolt, letting it set, and then unscrewing in that manner?
I feel like glue or epoxy like jb weld would just break right off tbh.

OP
OP
JPVortex

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, but I specifically had it set to NOT backup up to the cloud/Google Photos. Let's just say, I had some "spicy" photos I took and I did NOT want them anywhere but on my phone. I forgot to change the settings back after that and it bit me in the ass. I lost a LOT of pictures.
well that's being brutally honest no shame from here though lol!

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which pictures that you lost upset you the most? :cool: No, not looking for an answer; we know it was the spicy 'Hoe pictures -- right? :laughing1:

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which pictures that you lost upset you the most? :cool: No, not looking for an answer; we know it was the spicy 'Hoe pictures -- right? :laughing1:
Were for sure hot toe pictures.

You know toe, camber and caster pics.. :Big Laugh:

OP
OP
JPVortex

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the EBCM off with a combination of sawzall, cutoff wheel and a dremel tool. Things totally mangled lol. No damage whatsoever to the pump at all.
Studs still need taken off but dont think that'll be too much of a pain.
The part number on it is totally faded, but it's an 11-2-2 model, so its readily available everywhere on ebay. Nervous to get a used one because it might have problems too.
I dont think I'll need to pair it with my VIN? Should be plug and play.
This was a total PIA to get off but I'm glad its finally off even though its mangled so bad.20230306_174946.jpg20230306_174950.jpg20230306_174959.jpg20230306_175016.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick