05 Tahoe EBCM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, so for a really long time my 05 tahoe has had abs codes. It has a ton of them, and I'm wondering now if the EBCM has failed causing all of these codes? I cleaned up the EBCM ground to no avail.

All the codes seem to have to do with loosing signal with a circuit, which makes me think the EBCM is internally shorting or something.

I also highly doubt that the 2 front wheel speed sensors would both fail at once.

The codes are as follows:

C0291 - Lost Communications With EBCM
C0226 - LF wheel speed sensor signal missing
C0222 - RF wheel speed signal missing
C0268 - Pump motor circuit shorted
C0265 - Solenoid control monitor error

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
usually with abs codes, clear them, then focus on the one that comes back first. one can trigger others. if its a hard code return, like you start it up and the abs light is on after clearing history, that codes is normally the issue.

OP
OP
JPVortex

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
usually with abs codes, clear them, then focus on the one that comes back first. one can trigger others. if its a hard code return, like you start it up and the abs light is on after clearing history, that codes is normally the issue.
I cleared them and they all came right back! Lol. The light is off till I start driving, and after about 25 feet it comes on.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in that case, on yt there are loads of vids where ppl remove the ebcm, open it up and fix a bad solder joint or two. or you can send it to module masters to be rebuilt for a lot less then new, they are bank breakers for sure.

OP
OP
JPVortex

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in that case, on yt there are loads of vids where ppl remove the ebcm, open it up and fix a bad solder joint or two. or you can send it to module masters to be rebuilt for a lot less then new, they are bank breakers for sure.
Not sure if my soldering iron would hold up with this, it's a $10 one from walmart lmao. I may consider a used EBCM, seen a few for around $70 on ebay, probably even cheaper at a junkyard, but theres the chance of it having issues too.

Would I be able to see the bad solder joints?

OP
OP
JPVortex

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s companies that sell reman ones, and you send the core in for a credit.
Ok good to know thanks. I'll see if the EBCM will separate from the pump lol.

I may also get a better OBD2 reader that can do an "autobleed" that will run the pump motor and tell me if the pump motor is bad or not.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok good to know thanks. I'll see if the EBCM will separate from the pump lol.

I may also get a better OBD2 reader that can do an "autobleed" that will run the pump motor and tell me if the pump motor is bad or not.
I checked, looks like only one of the three different ones used are repairable. Maybe you have the repairable one? I see the codes fixed are what you’re getting.

OP
OP
JPVortex

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked, looks like only one of the three different ones used are repairable. Maybe you have the repairable one? I see the codes fixed are what you’re getting.
How would I know which one I have?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How would I know which one I have?
If you look at the pictures on that website, there’s 2 distinct shapes. The one that’s more of a “T” shape (KH 310) isn’t rebuildable; the ones that are an “L” shape (KH 325 and 30 series) are as long as the 30 series , if you have that one, plugs directly into your pump motor. You could chat with them to be sure. Remember, you can drive without the ABS module if you decide to send it to them. Yours isn’t working anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons