Brake Control Module-Solved

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@rockola1971 I assume that is part of the ABS module?
Depends on what you are calling the "module". Should be down on the drivers side frame just below drivers door and have a bunch of brank lines screwed into its front face. Its also called the ABS manifold. Its the critter responsible for the brakes not being easily bled because of air getting trapped behind one of its solenoid valves. Check the fuse for the ABS pump and see if it is blown.

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
If it’s abs and brake lights, almost assuredly the module under the driver door on the frame. Replace or resolder it. Easy. Well, maybe not if you live in rust belt to get the torx screws out

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clear the ABS code(s) and see if they come back. If they do then Ill dig out the wiring diagram for your 2002 abs system and tell you what wires to check. Are you familar with a multimete and how to use?
Yep, quite familiar with a multimeter. Use them all the time. Pretty sure not wiring at this time, but I never turn down an offer for help. I've cleared the codes twice and of course they came back. Pretty confident I need to pull the module.

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it’s abs and brake lights, almost assuredly the module under the driver door on the frame. Replace or resolder it. Easy. Well, maybe not if you live in rust belt to get the torx screws out
Thank you. Concur. Waiting for the weather to break.

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I finally found the time to fix this issue. Again, what a pain in the ass getting this control module out of my Tahoe. When I did this over ten years ago, I had to take the whole thing out including the pump. When I put it back together I replaced the torque bolts with stainless steels bolts and this time i was able to remove just the module, still a pain in the ass. After removing the module, i used a box cutter and screw driver to take the cove off the module and re-soldered the six circled connections on the module. I guess the first time I did this I wasn't as thorough or precise as i should have been. I might have posted my first fix, can't remember, but I used the following videos:

Curious though, my cover did not have the six securing bolts detailed in the videos. No bolts at all nor the connections to have these bolts. Used ATV sealant to secure the cover. Let it dry. and reinstalled the module. Started my baby and no lights. Another success story.

20231026_113412_resized (3).jpg

20231026_113406_resized.jpg

Circuit Board.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts