Help - 2004 Tahoe ABS, Brake Light, Traction Control, Stabilitrak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have replaced the fuse, reinstalled the ebcm, cleaned and reset the ecu. Dismantled and cleaned the entire fuse box. Cleaned and prepped every ground and still all all the light and messages. I’m now learning that the abs module I have is discontinued. My rig is awd, with active brake control, and traction control. It essentially has every option and that module is no longer sold. Called gm they gave me a new part number that I get some hits on but from very no name websites.
Below is a picture of my unit. The new part number gm gave me based upon my vin is 19368154
View attachment 411620
this guy has one posted on ebay but he has the pump pictured and not the module, you might want to ask him to clarify.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I replaced mine on my 00 and it did not require any programming because it was the same part number but that could have changed after 03+

OP
OP
R

rkeil1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The ABS & Stabilitrac both use the wheel speed sensors in order to function, since you have a code for wheel speed sensor you should start with that; sometimes an error in the ABS will also trigger the brake light.
Already replaced all 4 corners. The remaining codes are:
C0550 - ECU malfunction
C0110 - pump motor circuit malfunction
C0131 - abs/tcs system pressure circuit malfunction

OP
OP
R

rkeil1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
this guy has one posted on ebay but he has the pump pictured and not the module, you might want to ask him to clarify.
Yes look at that. That is the active brake controller/pump located under the hood by the power steering pump. I may order it just to replace it. I checked the two wire connector on the as well and did not see any signs of damage.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes look at that. That is the active brake controller/pump located under the hood by the power steering pump. I may order it just to replace it. I checked the two wire connector on the as well and did not see any signs of damage.
I messaged him and he said it is for the pictured pump and not the controller

OP
OP
R

rkeil1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im getting frustrated because even after calling GM directly - they cannot even get the pump. He also checked for bulletins, TSBs, ETC. and they have nothing on it. It is extremely disappointing that GM expects their vehicles to outlast and outrun the competition but discontinues a part that is still existing on vehicles still driving to this date. Aftermarket manufacturers from my research don't produce them either.

RTLINGR2

Reaction score
I realize this is an older post. Just curios what did you ever figure out? I have a new to me 05 Tahoe. Abs, red brake light, and traction control lights on. No abs codes, but has p0856 torque cicuit, and no cumminication with ebcm. I have pulled the abs module, resoldered. It may still have a bad unit. Thanks!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I realize this is an older post. Just curios what did you ever figure out? I have a new to me 05 Tahoe. Abs, red brake light, and traction control lights on. No abs codes, but has p0856 torque cicuit, and no cumminication with ebcm. I have pulled the abs module, resoldered. It may still have a bad unit. Thanks!
apparently the solution for the abs pump is finding a used one

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan