05 Tahoe EBCM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everytime when the abs light comes on when I start driving I hear a little vibration then it comes on. Sounds like maybe the abs pump running for a split second then the abs light comes on, interesting
That’s a common issue when the module is failing. Sometimes it makes the ABS pump run continually and can burn it up.

OP
OP
JPVortex

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm probably just going to get that rebuilt and replace the 2 front speed sensors that are throwing codes at the same time

OP
OP
JPVortex

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are there any common grounds for the EBCM, and the 2 front wheel speed sensors? I cleaned up the EBCM ground on the frame underneath the drivers door, but wondering if theres any others?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure about the grounds, you should be able to find a diagram. Anybody?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't see anything specific on the ground diagram except for the ABS pump ground that is one of the two on the body mount below the driver's door hinge. Hopefully both of those grounds were cleaned. I suspect the wheel speed sensors go through the BCM or the engine computer; not sure about which one.

GMT-800 zoomable ground diagram is the PDF attachment on this post:

OP
OP
JPVortex

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see anything specific on the ground diagram except for the ABS pump ground that is one of the two on the body mount below the driver's door hinge. Hopefully both of those grounds were cleaned. I suspect the wheel speed sensors go through the BCM or the engine computer; not sure about which one.

GMT-800 zoomable ground diagram is the PDF attachment on this post:
Thanks! And those grounds are the ones I cleaned.

OP
OP
JPVortex

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question for here real quick. What's the best method for stopping fluid flow from the master cylinder when removing the abs pump? My EBCM screws are totally rounded. If I empty the system will I need to bench bleed the master cylinder even if I don't press the brake pedal with it empty at all? Is there anyway around having to bench bleed when emptying the system in general? Not sure if a gravity bleed would take air out of the master.

I already expect to have to use a scan tool to bleed the ABS pump after.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne