05 Tahoe EBCM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JPVortex

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you look at the pictures on that website, there’s 2 distinct shapes. The one that’s more of a “T” shape (KH 310) isn’t rebuildable; the ones that are an “L” shape (KH 325 and 30 series) are as long as the 30 series , if you have that one, plugs directly into your pump motor. You could chat with them to be sure. Remember, you can drive without the ABS module if you decide to send it to them. Yours isn’t working anyway.
Ok thanks! I'll remove mine(hopefully those little torx screws come off easily) and see what's up with it.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You will need a bi-directional scanner/programmer tool to program any replacement ECBM to your truck's VIN.
Where did you see this? Alldatadiy FSM doesn’t state this for my 02. It does say to use the scan tool tire size calibration but that’s not tied to the VIN and I’m not sure it’s needed. I haven’t replaced one of these on these trucks but I have on a couple other vehicles and no programming was needed.

Edit: is that the part where it says “return to ABS diagnostics”?
DBB2C3BF-C6FF-4D94-AB63-C5E595CEF4E8.png

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where did you see this? Alldatadiy FSM doesn’t state this for my 02. It does say to use the scan tool tire size calibration but that’s not tied to the VIN and I’m not sure it’s needed. I haven’t replaced one of these on these trucks but I have on a couple other vehicles and no programming was needed.

Edit: is that the part where it says “return to ABS diagnostics”?
View attachment 390451
I have not personally done this myself, so I could very well be wrong. I've heard this from others, but hearsay is simply hearsay.

OP
OP
JPVortex

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would there be any chance of the actual PCM itself being bad? And loosing connection with the EBCM/ABS system? I ask this because I have a spare PCM lying around that a friend gave me amongst other random parts that he had leftover from a partout, and deciding if it's worth trying to swap out PCMs

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would there be any chance of the actual PCM itself being bad? And loosing connection with the EBCM/ABS system? I ask this because I have a spare PCM lying around that a friend gave me amongst other random parts that he had leftover from a partout, and deciding if it's worth trying to swap out PCMs
You would definitely need a Tech2 to program a PCM to your VIN as well as do a VATS relearn after that in order to start the truck if you swap out the PCM. I’ve been there, done that. And it’s unlikely that’s the problem.

OP
OP
JPVortex

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You would definitely need a Tech2 to program a PCM to your VIN as well as do a VATS relearn after that in order to start the truck if you swap out the PCM. I’ve been there, done that. And it’s unlikely that’s the problem.
Yeah that's what I thought, was just thinking it'd be worth trying cause it's on hand. Theres also the 30 minute relearn procedure so the truck will be able to start.

OP
OP
JPVortex

JPVortex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everytime when the abs light comes on when I start driving I hear a little vibration then it comes on. Sounds like maybe the abs pump running for a split second then the abs light comes on, interesting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz