What do I all need to clean the throttle body? 2014 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok and the cheapest way? What’s back flow test?

Gee what camera? a noodle camera?
ya just a inspection camera to look at the honeycombs inside to see if it melted or not.
a backpressure test is done with a fitting on the 02 sensor port with a hose and gauge there are youtube videos around that show how it is done

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya just a inspection camera to look at the honeycombs inside to see if it melted or not.
a backpressure test is done with a fitting on the 02 sensor port with a hose and gauge there are youtube videos around that show how it is done
Saw that video, have to drill a hole :/ not sure how I feel about that. Won’t that make exhaust leak worse?

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The car will be a dog with a clogged cat. With a dead cat the downstream O2 sensor will move like the upstream sensor.
How can I study this on the PID banks on my scanner? How they “move”, I think I asked this already. Please excuse me if I did.

How should the graphs look?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How can I study this on the PID banks on my scanner? How they “move”, I think I asked this already. Please excuse me if I did.

How should the graphs look?
You can just look at the numbers or run a graph. The upstream sensors should move up and down constantly once warmed up. The downstream sensors don't move much, change position with different throttle positions and stay put pretty much. If a downstream sensor moves like an upstream sensor, that's the sing of a bad cat.

There are lots of videos on youtube showing this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal