What do I all need to clean the throttle body? 2014 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And do I have to reset the RPM? I don’t wanna have to do that… with like a computer.
I wanna know the whole procedure beginning to end.

For a 2014 Tahoe. Preferably from someone with a Third or 4th gen. Thanks.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you get some soft rags that are not "linty" and some throttle body cleaner.
remove the plastic intake, clean throttle body, put intake back on.
done
it's not complicated nor difficult
you dont need to disconnect the battery, nor the harness.
I have done it probably a hundred times over the years

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you get some soft rags that are not "linty" and some throttle body cleaner.
remove the plastic intake, clean throttle body, put intake back on.
done
it's not complicated nor difficult
you dont need to disconnect the battery, nor the harness.
I have done it probably a hundred times over the years
Let’s getter done then. If you say that’s all it is. I’ll watch a few videos and report back how it goes.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you want to do a deeper cleaning then remove the harness and unbolt the throttle body and clean both sides, but generally you can reach the inner butterfly with your fingers easily
if you unbolt it then depending on the age and etc you could end up needing a new gasket (maybe) they can get flattened

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you want to do a deeper cleaning then remove the harness and unbolt the throttle body and clean both sides, but generally you can reach the inner butterfly with your fingers easily
if you unbolt it then depending on the age and etc you could end up needing a new gasket (maybe) they can get flattened
What gasket do I need ? Should I get it just for precaution? Don’t wanna be stuck without a vehicle.

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, can’t see what post it was but I remember you saying that my catalytic converter might be clogged? And then you said that 900°F is a little high? I see some of swathdiver threads from last year saying that sometimes they reach 1600°F when accelerating which is normal ? Are you saying my idle temp for the cat converter is high?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What gasket do I need ? Should I get it just for precaution? Don’t wanna be stuck without a vehicle.
I wouldn't worry about it unless you are specifically going to remove the throttle body.
if so any auto parts store should have a throttle body gasket/seal it's just a o-ring

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, can’t see what post it was but I remember you saying that my catalytic converter might be clogged? And then you said that 900°F is a little high? I see some of swathdiver threads from last year saying that sometimes they reach 1600°F when accelerating which is normal ? Are you saying my idle temp for the cat converter is high?
my response was incorrect

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron505