What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doug118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For you guys trying to figure out voltage issues with these trucks, you can just unplug the current sensor and your voltage will always stay between 14-15v depending on the weather. Mine has been unplugged for 5 years with no issues

Or if you want a different solution that allows you to dial in exactly the voltage set point you want, this is what you need

Doug118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, my truck has been charging between 16.0-16.4v with no issues on the stock electrical system for 2 years with nothing freaking out of burning anything up so don’t be afraid to charge a little on the higher side

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, my truck has been charging between 16.0-16.4v with no issues on the stock electrical system for 2 years with nothing freaking out of burning anything up so don’t be afraid to charge a little on the higher side

if you measured at the battery voltage or dash gauge? and do you have a standard flooded lead/acid or agm. they say the standard is better that being over charged than the agm. agm is said to handle it well at all.

again, just reading articles on how to properly take care of batteries. I once put a standard charger on a agm battery that was left on and down to like 6v. it took no charge and just got hot. a pulse tech recovery charger was able to bring it back and load tested well over night. that sent me down a battery rabbit hole. 5 years later I'm still not the same haha.

Doug118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you measured at the battery voltage or dash gauge? and do you have a standard flooded lead/acid or agm. they say the standard is better that being over charged than the agm. agm is said to handle it well at all.

again, just reading articles on how to properly take care of batteries. I once put a standard charger on a agm battery that was left on and down to like 6v. it took no charge and just got hot. a pulse tech recovery charger was able to bring it back and load tested well over night. that sent me down a battery rabbit hole. 5 years later I'm still not the same haha.

I have lithium in my truck. No front battery at all. Lead acid and agm would probably grenade if they were charged over 16v for an extended period of time. I measure in multiple places but I have the Escalade cluster in my suburban and it doesn’t have a volt meter but voltage at the ECU is usually a little lower than the voltage at the back of the alt

The battery probably got hot because the charger tried hitting it with the full amperage. Any battery at 6v will need a charger that will start at a low amperage and slowly get higher as the voltage comes up.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My mechman will put out 15.5 easily, but that's not all the time. Had a loose wire once on my amp and it was making it do 16v lol
The audio shop guy was like "that's too much" nah......24v+ yes

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have lithium in my truck. No front battery at all. Lead acid and agm would probably grenade if they were charged over 16v for an extended period of time. I measure in multiple places but I have the Escalade cluster in my suburban and it doesn’t have a volt meter but voltage at the ECU is usually a little lower than the voltage at the back of the alt

The battery probably got hot because the charger tried hitting it with the full amperage. Any battery at 6v will need a charger that will start at a low amperage and slowly get higher as the voltage comes up.

yeah, I was talking about oem application. running 16v wouldn't be good for either, but my guess is a flooded lead acid would accept it longer than a agm.(while seeping acid all over your truck) it would shorten the life of either. I only ask about where you saw 16 because at the battery is all the battery cares about. dash can read different. mine seems to round randomly when I checked. so 14v on dash is only 13 something at battery but my tech 2 will show closer to battery within a few tenths. I'm not powering anything from my battery, so just not replacing it is all I'm looking for. my truck literally doesn't even have an alternator haha but my car has been switched from a internally regulated low amp one to a pwm 220amp from a newer truck like these have stock. I just don't have the ecm to run a program for it.

I'm all over the map haha. Just sharing what I've read about why a agm might not be lasting very long in his truck.

what lithium are you running? some diy setup or a brand name. as I understand lifepo4, running 16v on a 4 cell is pushing it pretty hard. they can handle 4.2v each cell but they don't like it much like li-on. 3.65v they are much happier at.

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Fast_AT4 this something you may be capable of doing?
...what are we talking about here....looked back 2 pages and (glanced over them to be honest)....and didnt note anything. #ImBlindMaybe

good question I don't recall if it even ever touches anything, but I would guess it has to do with heat, all plastic might deform like a vinyl record in the sun
I 3d printed a fender badge for my F250 in PLA+ and had it in the Florida sun for 3 years w/o any deforming.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...what are we talking about here....looked back 2 pages and (glanced over them to be honest)....and didnt note anything. #ImBlindMaybe

I 3d printed a fender badge for my F250 in PLA+ and had it in the Florida sun for 3 years w/o any deforming.
If I find my old one's I will send them to you to scan or whatever but I might have tossed them
and they are end caps for the hood hinges where the wiper motor shroud is on the gmt900's

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If I find my old one's I will send them to you to scan or whatever but I might have tossed them
and they are end caps for the hood hinges where the wiper motor shroud is on the gmt900's

Deez things.

IMG_6619.jpegIMG_6618.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo