What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wiring Harness Swapped out - so far so good.

Gonna dump some "tech" info for incase anyone else has a P0340 code with a DoD motor.

The P0340 is a circuitry error, so likelihood of the sensor being the issue is low - possible - but low. When looking at MY particular swap, the new LS3 ( i think it was LS3 front cover ) had the camshaft sensor and its connecting harness, that was a 3 wire sensor and harness. To interface the harness, there was a little jumper between my factory 5 pin harness that converted it over to the 3 pin, which was a jumper about 3" long or so. This is what had become unclipped from the bolted on harness on the front cover. The ICT Billet harness is a solid 10" or so and it goes from the main engine harness directly to the sensor, so it eliminates a connection point. Tip for replacing the harness, take the 5 seconds to take the serp. belt off. The wiring is in this metal bracket, held on w/ (2) 10mm bolts. The ICT harness could just connect from harness to sensor and be done, but I mounted it into the metal bracket, that cleanly keeps the wiring out of the way of the pulleys. The one modification I had to do with the harness was on the sensor end, there was a little plastic tab that was hitting on something in the sensor, I just cut it out for clearance and it plugged right in. Now it is configured basically how the stock sensor is, and so far, no CEL is or has come on. I do need to drive it more to verify this, but it was turning on every other day or so. It does seem to take fewer cranks to turn over and start, and the idle seems to have smoothed out as well.

For now, im going to caulk this one up to an issue with 1 of the 2 harnesses that were used to switch over from the 5 pin ( VVT ) to the 3 Pin ( non-VVT ) sensor.
Thank you for this. It may well save my bacon down the road. I had to use that converter harness for my cam swapand it’s just a little short so it strains the sensor pigtail. As Monica also asked, please do post the details of the ICT part.

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's almost too boring doing roadtrips in them because they just get on the highway and just cruise. Im getting ready to take mine down to the Gulf Coast again and its just 70 mph, cruise control and point it in the direction you want to go.
Same boat for me - I will be heading to Florida to pickup a semi restored VW Karmann Ghia I purchased last month. Looking forward to the 2 day cruise down, sitting on the couch of a seat, and cruising along peacefully. Last time I made this trip, little over 1300 miles - one way so should be a nice drive.

justchecking

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Same boat for me - I will be heading to Florida to pickup a semi restored VW Karmann Ghia I purchased last month. Looking forward to the 2 day cruise down, sitting on the couch of a seat, and cruising along peacefully. Last time I made this trip, little over 1300 miles - one way so should be a nice drive.
Always liked those Karmann Ghia’s. Wish I had one of my dad’s two VW Things. You trailering it back? Post pics!

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Always liked those Karmann Ghia’s. Wish I had one of my dad’s two VW Things. You trailering it back? Post pics!
Yep, I have it stored at my brother's house at the moment. Gotta get me a 4 post lift now to stack the Mustang and the Karmann Ghia in my garage - thankfully, I got like 14ft ceilings with a 24 depth from the door.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this was my rear diff when I got it.. with 130 something on it. dead quiet still but it does seem like a lot.

PXL_20230121_160026175.jpg

this was my diff
PXL_20230121_144830129.jpg

I didn't take any of the front, but it was ugly too. so far thou no side effects from it. so it doesn't always mean it needs rebuilt, but if you got whining. yeah blah.

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I plan on getting a 4 post lift installed in my garage once I move.
I need to make sure my new garage/workshop has high enough ceilings for one and I need to make sure I get a lift that will go up high enough to drive a stock 1920's automobile under it.
Look for a high lift - most of the '20s cars seem pretty tall - similar in height to our Tahoe/Yukon/Esky trucks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishcop076