What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
anyone know where to get gm documents? a tsb references a procedure outlined in GM document number(long number) but I can't find it anywhere in the software I have access to, or Google.

if it's in a gm service manual, this is for someone else, but guess I'm going to wanna buy one. kinda annoying.
Dealer service writer or parts guy can print it out maybe @915_Tahoe can email it?

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ahh. system on lock down.

a guy with a hybrid escalade norrowed a weird no start down to a shop that swapped an engine for him used pag oil in the ac system. pag gets conductive over time and it failed its prestart isolation tests and wouldn't start. took him about a year to sort it out.

there's a tsb about it, it's aimed at techs adding dye which is mixed with pag oil and how to flush the system of the conductive oil but it the actual procedure is in a reference document not the tsb.

m1dn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went through that sht on mine a few months ago. I tried to drill out the broken bolt and it went off center. So I drilled the hole big enough to slide a new bolt through and lock nut on the top. PITA.
I got lucky, the tap removed last few pieces haha

I tried welding a nut like 10 times at first, it was stuck there for dear life

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya I didn't think about that I have a set of them in another tool box, I should be fine until next time I get under it or I usually do a vehicle check while I am traveling anyway when I get up the coast I will check them to make sure nothing has worked it's way loose but I tend to over tighten so they are probably over 18lbs

I give mine .6 grunts. Been at or very near 150 on original 220K mile shaft and joints. No probs.

justchecking

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Replaced coolant cap. Went to top off coolant after air worked out of the system after the heater hoses and connector replacement and the top of the old cap separated from the bottom. I think the o ring was hard. I was able to twist and pry it out with curved needle nose pliers.
IMG_1751.jpeg
IMG_1752.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo