What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, we've run into a handful of other campers now who told us they worked their way up to a 5th wheel and then decided it was too much and went back to a smaller bumper pull. They cited costs, maneuverability and overhead clearance in places like gas stations, difficulty finding campsites big enough, and some found that they just didn't need or want the extra space like they thought they would.
We bought a Tiffin Phateon a couple years back…so that whole “deciding it was too much” idea went out the window when purchasing a diesel pusher. We do however have to ensure to use truck stops and never use gas stations. There’s not nearly enough room with a toad attached, plus you can’t back up either.

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
changed oil.. bit over do. just over 5k on it.

thinking about sending a sample off just for the heck of. it's got 148k on it. 17k of that since I got it. at this rate, I do hope it goes 300k haha.

no wonder I read once that tahoes were some of the highest mileage vehicles on the road. someone I have 5 cars and this poor thing has gotten almost double the mileage of everything else combined the first year of owning it haha

side note, noticed the tranny temp got up to 165deg. highest I've noticed around town, only seen 167 towing which I think is where the stat must be, since it sat there even with outside temp range from 90* days to over night in the high 30s on that trip. usually it's 130ish around town . this heat is ridiculous. I'm tired of 103deg days already.

hybrid cell Temps started out 103deg after being parked, cooled down to 98* by the end of the drive. I guess sucking cool inside air works some. I still want to work on getting some cooler air to the batteries. seems like it would be good for them to run cooler on days like this.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
want to change my belts before my little road adventure mine are around 5 years old, decided I would use the green hd belt but dealer informed me they are eol
but it crosses over to a gate's anyway and nobody stocks them so had to order. doing the ac belt as well should be here Monday
dropped it off at the dealer to have the fuel pump and rear u-joints replaced, i'm just over 160k which is the "expected" life of the fuel pump. U-joints I haven't liked how they look for a while and I drive the piss out of it so.....
made the mistake of letting the fuel pump ride before and had to do it out in the middle of new mexico I would rather do it at my convenience

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
160k is the common failure point? ugh.

I hate doing fuel pumps but like you say much eaiser when you can drive it into the shop and not stuck. guess I should put that on the list.

do all these trucks have 20 psi radiator caps? was going to pick up a new one when doing everything else and that seems high.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I hate doing fuel pumps but like you say much eaiser when you can drive it into the shop and not stuck. guess I should put that on the list.

do all these trucks have 20 psi radiator caps? was going to pick up a new one when doing everything else and that seems high.
I think the reservoir cap is 15psi

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

and I wouldn't be having it done now if I wasn't going on a trip thru places where there is nothing around, I think the expected life is actually 165k is when they are known to start failing, i think @swathdiver has a running list
the gmt800's were rated for 100k, dealer told me they don't know what the rating is for the gmt900's but it seems to happen as stated, hell the thing could go 300k you never know. I just don't want to get stuck with my pants down. I already had planned to do it so a pinch of salt in a wound and carrying on. lol

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
makes sense.

yeah, fuel pumps are the worst and always seem to fail at the worst time.

I think I'll stop by the dealer and have them check the cap part number. had to believe the online stuff saying 20psi. if so, no wonder the aftermarket radiators all leak. no one pressure tests to that. or maybe it's another hybrid thing.

so I've made the jump to amsoil. signed up and first order made. I blame this site lol. you'll leading me down the oil rabbit hole once again and like every time before everything seems to end up at amsoil as one of the tops. swapping to their tranny fluid before the next tow trip into the mountains ugh at 3 gal of atf prices these days. and tossed in oil and filter for the c6. gm switched to a 0w40, so figured I'd try that for the extra Temps it will see, but not as hard as a full track day. I'll wait on the yukon, since it just got a change. but after the tow, probably going to try their 0w20 for around town on the post trip change.

at least I don't have to go into a Walmart anymore looking for cheap oil prices?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz