What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What you using for a camera doubelieve? I'd like to setup a dashcam like that.

NVM searched it up on here... -delete me-

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What you using for a camera doubelieve? I'd like to setup a dashcam like that.

What you using for the camera? recording? I'd like to setup a dashcam like that..
kenwood drv-830, lots of dash cams out there. I bought mine from the uk because they don't sell the drv-830 over here, the better quality camera's are going to come from the UK or Japan or get a commercial quality one some of those upload to the cloud and require a subscription though because they are used for business liability. a $20 camera is a $20 camera you get what you pay for.
I bought the kenwood because it holds 2 128gb cards and has parked recording, I don't need wifi or any of that stuff I just wanted something that can record for a very long time, it's puts less wear on the cards and less likely to get corrupted video.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beautiful welds!
Thanks man, I appreciate it

kenwood drv-830, lots of dash cams out there. I bought mine from the uk because they don't sell the drv-830 over here, the better quality camera's are going to come from the UK or Japan or get a commercial quality one some of those upload to the cloud and require a subscription though because they are used for business liability. a $20 camera is a $20 camera you get what you pay for.
I bought the kenwood because it holds 2 128gb cards and has parked recording, I don't need wifi or any of that stuff I just wanted something that can record for a very long time, it's puts less wear on the cards and less likely to get corrupted video.
Great videos, that's crazy haha
Thanks for sharing, I'm going to look into them.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I finally did my front brakes this weekend and finished them up Monday.
I've had the parts sitting here for about 2 years, but the fronts really didn't need
replaced yet.
I used the AC Delco severe duty coated calipers/ caliper brackets. I cleaned them off quickly
and used a brush on gloss black caliper paint from Eastwood. It all turned out great.
I also did the oe caliper brake lines, PowerStop Z23 towing pads, Powerstop slotted and'
coated rotors (like i have on the rear) ... These look really good.
I cleaned up all components and it all looks great.. Did my "bed-in" procedure Monday.
And got a few suburban miles on it today.
Finally got some new silicone grease for my grease gun for my Poly Bushings in the
front and rear sway bars, links, panhard bar, & lower control arms.
That stuff I bought 2-3 years ago was expensive: $17 for one tube.....
post covid in our new economy is was $50... yes 50 bucks for ONE grease cartridge...
I have 3 cars that have poly bushings in the suspension. I learned the hard way
Not to use standard grease gun grease on the poly - it ate thru some of my bushing within
3 years - expensive repair for control arms

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I finally did my front brakes this weekend and finished them up Monday.
I've had the parts sitting here for about 2 years, but the fronts really didn't need
replaced yet.
I used the AC Delco severe duty coated calipers/ caliper brackets. I cleaned them off quickly
and used a brush on gloss black caliper paint from Eastwood. It all turned out great.
I also did the oe caliper brake lines, PowerStop Z23 towing pads, Powerstop slotted and'
coated rotors (like i have on the rear) ... These look really good.
I cleaned up all components and it all looks great.. Did my "bed-in" procedure Monday.
And got a few suburban miles on it today.
Finally got some new silicone grease for my grease gun for my Poly Bushings in the
front and rear sway bars, links, panhard bar, & lower control arms.
That stuff I bought 2-3 years ago was expensive: $17 for one tube.....
post covid in our new economy is was $50... yes 50 bucks for ONE grease cartridge...
I have 3 cars that have poly bushings in the suspension. I learned the hard way
Not to use standard grease gun grease on the poly - it ate thru some of my bushing within
3 years - expensive repair for control arms
Ok Foggy, now we need some 60-0 numbers to see how good those brakes work! Wes posted his a couple weeks back but I forget now. @Doubeleive

I forget mine too, we did it a year or so ago. Time to break out the VC200 again!

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't really know if my 60-0 will be much better .. I did this upgrade to make sure
I've got good brakes while towing, etc
I'll have to figure out somewhere safe to try it out !!!!

What I can comment on is that the prices now for all my brake parts are
probably 30% + more expensive than what I actually paid for them.....
I would have stocked up on a lot of diff stuff had I known that the inflation was gonna
fu^k us all.... but in some instances in 2021 it was just 'luck' to even get things I needed

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My driver's side window regulator took a sheet last night. Had to tape the window into up position overnight. I just replaced that regulator 1 1/2 years ago. It has lifetime warranty. So I played hookey from work for a half day to fix that. Now I'm back at work. Grrr...

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
replaced the passenger side mirror, mirror works fine but in the process the triangular trim piece broke a clip off and almost all the door panel clips broke off
so if you plan on pulling door panels off of a 10+ year old vehicle invest in some of these, gm wants about $8 each

ya none of the ones at the auto parts store fit at all, they are all too small. I went to 3 stores and couldn't find anything that would work. bought 2 from the dealer and then ordered 12 more and searched the part number online, so the ones I ordered from the dealer are going get returned that was $140 including the $36 triangle trim piece.

and after all that I discover the freaking mirror cap is a slightly different shade of silver, but oh'well f-ik

So I'm just reporting back on these clips. They fit wand work well but they are definitely much more brittle than the factory ones. Like a harder plastic. I was jacking up my reassembly sequence because I was rushing and I had to pull the panel back off 3 times.

There were 4 or 5 I replaced out of the about dozen factory ones. The new clips broke every single time. And one broke during installation. So just a heads up they are pretty much one time use and be ginger lining them up to the holes in the door frame and installing them. I am glad I had them though. Door panel is nice and snug now. Thanks @Doubeleive :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu