What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
It could definitely be leftover water from the first couple of times I sealed it. I did run a blowdryer into each light for 10 minutes, and I shook them around and didn't get any water out. Also yes, I put silicone around the bulb gaskets.

I'm going to keep a watch on them for the next few weeks. If the driver's side is the only one that fogs up, I'll re-seal in once it gets hotter outside. If both steam up, I'm not even bothering...
Silicone both sides of the gaskets.

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It could definitely be leftover water from the first couple of times I sealed it. I did run a blowdryer into each light for 10 minutes, and I shook them around and didn't get any water out. Also yes, I put silicone around the bulb gaskets.

I'm going to keep a watch on them for the next few weeks. If the driver's side is the only one that fogs up, I'll re-seal in once it gets hotter outside. If both steam up, I'm not even bothering...

like Mark said, the blow dryer only does so well. oven heats and dries the whole thing. Id try that, worst thing to happen your out half hour for taking the light out and baking it

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anzo’s aren’t they? That’s the brand of my U-bar headlights on my Denali. They have them. I never knew they were there until I was retrofitting a set and saw them from the inside of the housing.

My generic tawian headlights had the patches too, but they are an OEM copy so that makes a tiny bit more sense

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing dries them out like the oven method, and if the first time doesn’t do it and there’s visible condensation still- let it cool down and do it a second time. The problem with using a hair dryer or heat gun is that there’s so many places for water to hide inside and you can’t get the hot air to flow over every nook and cranny.

What is the best temperature for baking headlight assemblies?

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys I'll give the oven method a try. Will that kind of heat melt all the silicone I have on the headlights? That would be real mess...

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wasn't me! Here's the one I bought: https://www.amazon.com/Topline-Auto...rds=topline+tahoe+grill&qid=1585438219&sr=8-8 . That's after buying and returning a couple different "gloss" ones on Amazon that turned out to be matte. :mad:

But it all worked out in the end.
View attachment 243474

Thanks for the link. Now THAT one is in my cart.

Speaking of Topline, I still can't decide for or against this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084SNMBLC/ref=psdc_15709501_t3_B07LC2LSFG

I'd paint the outer surround body color. I wish I could see how my color Tahoe would look with it. I need Photoshop.