What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
You have a link to the build tread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is in my signature. If you are on your phone turn it sideways and you should see the link to it at the bottom of my posts.

I just looked it up for you and it is Airlift 60742 helper bags for the lowering springs.

Jard

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone have air helper bag kit in the rear with lowered springs? Going to be renting an RV and don’t want rear end sagging to much.

It all depends on what kind of travel trailer you will be renting and if you will be using a weight distribution hitch. I tow a 4k lbs travel trailer with a WDH and have it set up for no noticeable sag.

osidesurfer365

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It all depends on what kind of travel trailer you will be renting and if you will be using a weight distribution hitch. I tow a 4k lbs travel trailer with a WDH and have it set up for no noticeable sag.
Only plan on renting it a couple times throughout the summer. Don’t plan on using a WDH unless we pull the trigger and buy one. Thanks for the info though.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only plan on renting it a couple times throughout the summer. Don’t plan on using a WDH unless we pull the trigger and buy one. Thanks for the info though.

What are the specs on the camper? The rear axle GAWR on these is 4200 lbs, I believe. I found that with any trailer that has a tongue weight above 600 lbs or so, the lever effect without a WDH puts me close to or over the rear axle rating, per the local CAT scale.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are the specs on the camper? The rear axle GAWR on these is 4200 lbs, I believe. I found that with any trailer that has a tongue weight above 600 lbs or so, the lever effect without a WDH puts me close to or over the rear axle rating, per the local CAT scale.
Definitely would use a WDH with this kind of weight. [emoji106]

Sobro

Reaction score
My AutoCal arrived last week while I was on a trip towing my travel trailer. Had to buy 89 octane at the final fill up in a small town before getting home Friday and didn't want to do logs until I was full of Costco 93 so I ran errands and got the Emissions Check done. Put 20 gallons of the good stuff in Tuesday and was ready to install the tune. I'm glad the 6.2 doesn't sip fuel :)

It turns out that EFI has a new version of their software and recent AutoCal buyers are the Beta testers of Version 8.3.5 Release Candidate 1.

SNAFU 1: My Tuner from BBP sent me a link to the Downloads page in the email with the new tunes, but that page didn't have a link to Release Candidate 1. I was just following instructions and didn't know RC 1 was what I was supposed to have. When I tried to copy the tunes to the AutoCal it said the Firmware version I installed needed updating and wouldn't work with the tunes he sent, but the Auto Updater said all is well, I'm fully updated.

After emailing that problem, he sent a link the the Forum, yes the Forum!, for a link to the Download with V8.3.5 RC1. That at least got me to the point where I could load the tunes onto the AutoCal.

SNAFU 2 happened when I tried to load the tunes onto the truck. It would start loading just fine but tell me the device wasn't registered to my VIN. From my reading, the first time you install a tune the AutoCal is supposed to register to your VIN automatically. I deleted everything from the AutolCal and from my tunes folder, re-saved the new tunes from the email, tried it all again to the same result.

After another email my tuner sent me new files that worked perfectly, mentioning that there is a glitch "sometimes" when the tune file is saved. Of course by then it's too late to do logs but I did tool around the neighborhood a bit. The transmission now shifts with alacrity!

BTW, if anyone here spent their stimulus money (still waiting on mine) on a new AutoCal from BBP and they tell you you need to do the March 2021 Update, here's the link to the actual download:

https://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILiveV8.3.5_RC1_Setup.exe

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Little exhaust clip now that she’s all buttoned up. Speed engineering long tubes and Y pipe kit, factory cat back with a deleted resonator.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AtExnTfhY1-Qg-YB5kUl2VLiYVxPOQ

Sounds great. Are you 4WD? Just wondering, some guys have had a hard time getting the y pipe to fit without hitting the front driveshaft.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo