What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well FML.

Let me tell you doing valve springs in the truck is not fun........make sure you have the right tool. The tool I was using worked great for the first 6 valve spring on bank 1 and 2 is fine........but cylinders 7 and 8......no chance in hell.

I ordered the other toll via Amazon and will be able to finish tomorrow.

Oh, and the tool I used only worked after I milled it so there was proper clearance to install the valve spring retainer keepers. I'll port up some pics in a bit.

Either way, experience, a level head and knowing when to tap out is the key to success. Plus having the valve spring pop out of the tool twice was enough for me to call it a day. Safety first.
What tool were you using, wasn’t one of those stamped steel ones was it? Here’s the one I used to install dual springs with. They’re harder than beehive because there’s less room to spare around the valve stem. I had to start with the spring offcenter as far as i could, and as it compressed it would end up in the center. This one was from LSX. 7 & 8 are just uncomfortable as hell. Are you using the trick of using a dab of grease on each keeper as you install it, it holds them in place around the stem as you release the tool.

image.jpg

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Well FML.

Let me tell you doing valve springs in the truck is not fun........make sure you have the right tool. The tool I was using worked great for the first 6 valve spring on bank 1 and 2 is fine........but cylinders 7 and 8......no chance in hell.

I ordered the other toll via Amazon and will be able to finish tomorrow.

Oh, and the tool I used only worked after I milled it so there was proper clearance to install the valve spring retainer keepers. I'll port up some pics in a bit.

Either way, experience, a level head and knowing when to tap out is the key to success. Plus having the valve spring pop out of the tool twice was enough for me to call it a day. Safety first.

what valve springs are you using?

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My OEM roof rack arrived today. Everything is there including the mounting screws. Does anyone know the exact size/thread on the screws? I’m wanting to get the matching nutserts.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took the Yukon in and had the air bag recall service performed. I figured I better get it done before I hit anything... :)

That is all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jemilioflores89