What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my DRLs fixed and changed out my rear diff fluid. Used 75w-140 Lucas full synthetic and a new Fel-Pro gasket. Its a much bigger pain to change the axle fluid on these trucks than it is on my old S10 on the S10 you’re only fighting a sway bar, on these you’ve got the panhard bar and the sway bar in your way- and the spare tire. Oh well. Goter done. Pic attached is the newly functional DRLs.

View attachment 223326

Drop the spare next time.

@CHOO CHOO - I see both generations running around with one light out quite frquently down here, GMT800/900.

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost looks like a Mustang Cobra rim.

Yes. Similar to the '94-97 Cobra. I had a '98, which used a more attractive design IMO, similar to the Cobra R. Funny, I thought I'd really like a decladded 5-spoke. But having seen it, I don't so much now. Oh well. Thanks for helping me cross that one off the list.

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
Do your DRLs seem to go out often? Just curious as mine always seemed to. I just stopped putting them in. I always see our gen Tahoe's and Avalanches with one or both DRLs out.
I've only had the "truck" a month and I only just got around to pulling the bumper off to see why mine weren't on. They were both out so I decided to avoid the burning out issue all together by getting some LED bulbs. The ones in there in the picture are 6000k Sylvania Zevo bulbs. They firmly clicked into the connector, and have decently sized heatsinks. The bulbs say they only pull 6 watts each so I'm gonna bet that these won't burn out like the normal ones do.

Drop the spare next time.

@CHOO CHOO - I see both generations running around with one light out quite frquently down here, GMT800/900.
this was with dropping the spare. I wouldn't even attempt to do it without dropping the spare. I just didn't want to get the jack and jackstands out. But yeah, I see them with one or both DRLs out fairly frequently which is why i got the LEDs

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my DRLs fixed and changed out my rear diff fluid. Used 75w-140 Lucas full synthetic and a new Fel-Pro gasket. Its a much bigger pain to change the axle fluid on these trucks than it is on my old S10 on the S10 you’re only fighting a sway bar, on these you’ve got the panhard bar and the sway bar in your way- and the spare tire. Oh well. Goter done. Pic attached is the newly functional DRLs.

View attachment 223326

I never thought of that. Looks like I have yet another maintenance item added to the list for when I have the panhard off during the lowering process.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 223382

Interior modification 1a. Added a bin.

My wife is a teacher... She needs a bin

Wood grain trim kit is on the way to make it match a little better. Will update when it comes in.

How about an organizer tray for the inside of the center console? I know a guy that has one. Pretty sure he'd trade it to you for your decommissioned cup holder insert if the doors aren't broken.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered new front differential brackets a couple weeks ago from rockauto, had them put on today and a rear diff service, the old bracket bushings were pretty shot, seems to have eliminated about 90% of the clunk I was getting when accelerating from a stop or partial stop

IMG_20190520_180012.jpg

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
I never thought of that. Looks like I have yet another maintenance item added to the list for when I have the panhard off during the lowering process.
Its really not hard. There's plenty of room to get a 3/8 ratchet and shallow socket behind the panhard bar. With the spare tire down there's plenty of room to do it with the vehicle on the ground. That being said I'm about 167 pounds and 6 foot 4 so if you're not a bean pole you mileage may vary.