What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
OEM clutch pedal, master/slave cylinder, and crossmember. The bell housing even bolts right up as long as you get a GM NV4500 preferably the newest style because it has a shorter shifter tower and synchronized 1st and reverse. Depending on 4wd and what rear axle you may need a custom driveshaft which isn't terribly difficult.

It's not a swap I'd try to do in 1 weekend and drive to work Monday but with a little thought and hardwork I'm sure it can be done.
. Cool. I just checked out some of your thread. I took the long way home, and so far, the 4L60e feels happy now that it has fluid in it up to the full line. We’ll see how it does this week too and from work. I tell you what though if it goes and the shop/Gm tries to give me the runaround I’m gonna be done with this automatic business.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
. Cool. I just checked out some of your thread. I took the long way home, and so far, the 4L60e feels happy now that it has fluid in it up to the full line. We’ll see how it does this week too and from work. I tell you what though if it goes and the shop/Gm tries to give me the runaround I’m gonna be done with this automatic business.
Might want to look into why you were 1qt low.

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
Might want to look into why you were 1qt low.
This thing doesn’t leak anything other than water from the AC drain, and the read diff drips once every couple of days. I hate to say it but I almost think this shop did the same thing last shop did and didnt top off fluid after reinstalling transmission. Ugh.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
This thing doesn’t leak anything other than water from the AC drain, and the read diff drips once every couple of days. I hate to say it but I almost think this shop did the same thing last shop did and didnt top off fluid after reinstalling transmission. Ugh.

Double check your surge tank and make sure you don't have a leak in the internal cooler in the radiator tank.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If it were me I'd looking into a 6l80 swap. The manual trans is great but it does have its downsides.

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
If it were me I'd looking into a 6l80 swap. The manual trans is great but it does have its downsides.
Main downsides for the stickshift swap for me- are the bastard of a time I’ll have with everything UNDER the center console, and the insane amount of time that will be spent mounting the pedals. Nothing about that will be easy.

However, compared to doing a 6L80, I would be able to mount a hydraulic E brake for some fat skids. That and I wouldn’t have any tuning to do on the laptop.

Double check your surge tank and make sure you don't have a leak in the internal cooler in the radiator tank.
I will check that tomorrow morning before leaving. What should I be looking for under the surge tank cap? Strong ATF smell?

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Main downsides for the stickshift swap for me- are the bastard of a time I’ll have with everything UNDER the center console, and the insane amount of time that will be spent mounting the pedals. Nothing about that will be easy.

However, compared to doing a 6L80, I would be able to mount a hydraulic E brake for some fat skids. That and I wouldn’t have any tuning to do on the laptop.

I will check that tomorrow morning before leaving. What should I be looking for under the surge tank cap? Strong ATF smell?

If you are losing ATF through the cooler and into the radiator the surge tank would look like a milkshake.

If you have ever seen an engine with a blown head gasket the oil in the engine looks milky... it would be very similar to that.

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
If you are losing ATF through the cooler and into the radiator the surge tank would look like a milkshake.

If you have ever seen an engine with a blown head gasket the oil in the engine looks milky... it would be very similar to that.

Copy that. Thanks Boss. I may actually go check it out now. LAST time when I lost the trans was on the way to work, the converter never locked up (something that happened on my S10 once as well. A replacement valve body solved it) but on the tahoe, the trans temp hit 190 on a 29* morning, and then at lunchtime I lost it.

I actually will go check it out now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz