What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leo1103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should be much more than 1/8". Anyway, I used a recip saw to slice the inside and outside along the bottom of the frame rail simultaneously, working forward from the back until I got close to the tank. Then I used a cut-off disc to slice the outside and forward edge so all that was left holding it on was the inside part next to the tank. I beat a cold chisel into the slice on the outside to spread the gap open far enough to get a pry bar into the gap, then pried the bracket downward as far as I could. This gave me plenty of room to use the cut-off disc to score the remaining back wall. Then I bent the bracket up and down until it snapped off. Cleaned up the remains on the frame with a flap disc and painted. Nuttin to it.

*EDIT*
Link to post in my build thread for pertinent pics. Also- maybe it's not much more than 1/8". I forgot how close it was. I was picturing it to be more around 1/2" clearance. You could always slip a piece of metal back there as an extra layer of protection while cutting the bracket. I get pretty surgical with a cut-off wheel so I felt comfortable with how I did it.

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/growing-up-doesnt-have-to-suck.93510/page-19#post-1320078

After checking out those pics, I'll take another look today.

Mickey_7106

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shark fin antenna is pretty loose. i could immediately see the ashy paint that it should be covering. sunroof drain appear to be clear. still gonna hit it with air to blow anything in the line out

how can i tighten the antenna? all the video tutorials i see are for sierra/silverados. I'm sure they're close to what we have right?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shark fin antenna is pretty loose. i could immediately see the ashy paint that it should be covering. sunroof drain appear to be clear. still gonna hit it with air to blow anything in the line out

how can i tighten the antenna? all the video tutorials i see are for sierra/silverados. I'm sure they're close to what we have right?

Have to pull the headliner down... obviously just the drivers corner but be careful not to pull too hard... i think you can get it low enough for your forearm and a wrench... i guessing 10mm like every other stupid bolt from GM.

You’re gonna want to Turn the air down low.... ive heard guys blow the line off the drain bung thats molded in.....then youll have more problems....i like the idea of using a thicker weed eater string to fish it out.... i think wade @wjburken mentioned that one.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just made an appointment to have the hood repainted and to have rust inhibitor sprayed into all the nooks and crannies. ~1200.00 :eek: But rust sucks so it's worth it.
Are they spraying the inhibitor under the whole truck or just the hood?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have to pull the headliner down... obviously just the drivers corner but be careful not to pull too hard... i think you can get it low enough for your forearm and a wrench... i guessing 10mm like every other stupid bolt from GM.

You’re gonna want to Turn the air down low.... ive heard guys blow the line off the drain bung thats molded in.....then youll have more problems....i like the idea of using a thicker weed eater string to fish it out.... i think wade @wjburken mentioned that one.

Should be able to get access to the bolt by removing the plastic trim piece that goes around the sunroof and reach in from the sunroof opening in the headliner. Before you tighten it, you might want to loosen it a little bit more and shoot a bead of silicone under it and then tighten it.

Here is what the antenna looks like
ca121f54-dc37-465a-81db-6b9c467f65d8-jpeg.235974

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Are they spraying the inhibitor under the whole truck or just the hood?

The whole truck. It's a product called SealOut and it works really well. Goes in the body cavities not sprayed on the surface. They will do the hood, Front fenders, doors, rockers, rear quarters and lift gate. This will be the fourth vehicle I will have them do and my Dad has had five or six done. It really helps to preserve these rigs up here. That and using Fluid film on whatever is bare underneath in the fall keeps em solid longer. Lots of labor involved in doing the job so it's pricey.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fafafyfy