What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can confirm, my 2007 Yukon Denali 6.2L did NOT have AFM/DOD and no provisions for it. It does not have the AFM lifters. Only VVT on that year...

Really nice tire, same one I run and same size... Now if I could only get the damn thing to hook up. I can rip all 4 from off idle. Need something stickier, might have to get some 20s so I can get drag radials.
put sandbags in the back

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can confirm, my 2007 Yukon Denali 6.2L did NOT have AFM/DOD and no provisions for it. It does not have the AFM lifters. Only VVT on that year...

Really nice tire, same one I run and same size... Now if I could only get the damn thing to hook up. I can rip all 4 from off idle. Need something stickier, might have to get some 20s so I can get drag radials.

Yeah... You need 20s and DRs. Send me those worthless 22s and I'll send you my stock LTZ 20s. lol

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
put sandbags in the back

Lol, not a bad idea actually... I almost threw in the 3rd row just to see if it makes a difference. I guess I'll find out at the track. Just got my new HJC Helmet and planning to do a few test & tunes these next few Wednesdays and Thursdays. Can't wait to send it down the track :)

IMG_3467.jpg

And up front... lol

I've been told by a few guys at this power level I might have to strap down the front suspension...

Yeah... You need 20s and DRs. Send me those worthless 22s and I'll send you my stock LTZ 20s. lol

I do need 20s with drag radials lol... I wish I could go smaller on wheel size for weight savings but plan to add a 16" Wilwood brake kit up front and probably the 16" in rear as well. 20" Minimum on that setup... If I stick with a 14.25" - 14.5" Rotor, I can fit 18s I believe. Most of the 14" rotor kits don't even fit most 17" wheels. It's a crap shoot... The 285/45/22 Nitto 420S tire weighs in at 45lbs each. A lighter wheel and tire (15lb tire savings and 20lb wheel savings) would dramatically help at the strip. That would be a savings of 35-40lbs of ROTATING MASS at each corner... Thats huge!

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That IS big. If you can get bite, the thing will accelerate like it lost about 200#.

I just finished replacing the passenger side mirror the primary driver ran into the garage door jamb a couple of weeks ago. I was very happy to discover that the side view mirrors for our PPV are pretty cheap. I guess they replace a lot of them. :D

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol, not a bad idea actually... I almost threw in the 3rd row just to see if it makes a difference. I guess I'll find out at the track. Just got my new HJC Helmet and planning to do a few test & tunes these next few Wednesdays and Thursdays. Can't wait to send it down the track :)

View attachment 203382

I've been told by a few guys at this power level I might have to strap down the front suspension...

I do need 20s with drag radials lol... I wish I could go smaller on wheel size for weight savings but plan to add a 16" Wilwood brake kit up front and probably the 16" in rear as well. 20" Minimum on that setup... If I stick with a 14.25" - 14.5" Rotor, I can fit 18s I believe. Most of the 14" rotor kits don't even fit most 17" wheels. It's a crap shoot... The 285/45/22 Nitto 420S tire weighs in at 45lbs each. A lighter wheel and tire (15lb tire savings and 20lb wheel savings) would dramatically help at the strip. That would be a savings of 35-40lbs of ROTATING MASS at each corner... Thats huge!
Using sand bags will allow you to make it just right, not to much and not to little. Guys towing in the winter use the same method

Malik112099

Reaction score
Wife drove the 07 Denali from Tulsa, OK to Austin, TX and back over the weekend. New tranny did well on its first "road trip" since the install and no CEL for for the evap thingy doodle. Was relieved to have her say everything worked perfectly when she got back.

sarneson91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought a Valentine V1 + Iphone adapter to use in conjunction with the app for daily use and my upcoming cross country trip. need to find a good mount though, not to confident in the suction cup mounts..

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bought a Valentine V1 + Iphone adapter to use in conjunction with the app for daily use and my upcoming cross country trip. need to find a good mount though, not to confident in the suction cup mounts..
blend mount & mirror power harness is what I use and have for over 10 years, works great

**be careful though up there they like sit on the overpass and laser you, almost nothing saves you from that other than being aware as you approach overpasses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu