What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
That's why I went with a 70% film on the windshield... you would never even know it was on there if I didn't tell you.

I agree... lots of guys on here running 50% and some even running 35% or more on the entire windshield.... I wouldn't want to drive their trucks at night... that is for sure.

I did the 20% on the front side windows for a little more privacy and because it is hot as hades in Florida.
I think 70% would be fine- I could hardly tell with the stock front glass on the doors- but any darker than that- nuuuupe

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove the Denali from Naples to Mich. My brother was with me. Left at 5am thurs. and made it to Cincinnatti at 845 pm. Then Friday the rest of the state with ORANGE BARRELS otherwise known as Ohio. Averaged 17.5 mpg. Burned mostly premium with a tank of 89 octane thrown in. Really no difference in performance. Drove mostly 80 except for Ohio where State Troopers were like flies so that was at 74 mph or slower in the many construction zones. The Denali will pull 19-20 mpg at 74 mph.

MajorJakkov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s not actually clear, it has a green tint to it but even clear glass is more like 90%. It never lets 100% light through. There is some ultra clear flat glass like Starphire which is higher when it has no coatings but it’s not used for automotive.

^ this. 'clear' glass has an elevated PPM of iron, giving it a greenish tint that is not always obvious when looking through auto glass. if you get to 3/8+ thick glass it becomes more evident. 'white' glass has ultra low PPM iron and appears nearly perfectly clear to the eye. the raw materials have to be sourced from special quarries. the rear tinted windows on most GM SUVs and trucks is actually bronze, not grey or black as it appears and had a transmittance between 17 and 20% as some have mentioned. if i remember correctly, it was generated with varying PPMs of selenium and cobalt.

source: i used to be an engineer for one of the companies that makes glass for a bunch of the vehicles on the road. always makes me laugh when i look through a windshield that has bad ream. how TF did that make it through QA/QC?....o_O

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
turning right!

Fog lamps on!

22.5 PSI oil pressure at 600 RPM! 27/32 from "F"!

I run the fogs at night to make the truck more visable to other drivers and get their attention more effectively if I have to flip the high beams at them. The fogs also help me see better garbage cans and rabbits and such close aboard when driving through residential streets at night.

We pulled over to take the photo, so the blinker was on. Oil pressure in gear does seem to have dropped a pound or two lately, keeping an eye on it.

Drove the Denali from Naples to Mich. My brother was with me. Left at 5am thurs. and made it to Cincinnatti at 845 pm. Then Friday the rest of the state with ORANGE BARRELS otherwise known as Ohio. Averaged 17.5 mpg. Burned mostly premium with a tank of 89 octane thrown in. Really no difference in performance. Drove mostly 80 except for Ohio where State Troopers were like flies so that was at 74 mph or slower in the many construction zones. The Denali will pull 19-20 mpg at 74 mph.

That's impressive Roger! I don't remember, has she been tuned and was AFM active for this run? What tires?

Reaction score
^ this. 'clear' glass has an elevated PPM of iron, giving it a greenish tint that is not always obvious when looking through auto glass. if you get to 3/8+ thick glass it becomes more evident. 'white' glass has ultra low PPM iron and appears nearly perfectly clear to the eye. the raw materials have to be sourced from special quarries. the rear tinted windows on most GM SUVs and trucks is actually bronze, not grey or black as it appears and had a transmittance between 17 and 20% as some have mentioned. if i remember correctly, it was generated with varying PPMs of selenium and cobalt.

source: i used to be an engineer for one of the companies that makes glass for a bunch of the vehicles on the road. always makes me laugh when i look through a windshield that has bad ream. how TF did that make it through QA/QC?....o_O
I've also heard that the factory rear bronze/grey tinted glass doesn't block UV rays. It is only "privacy" glass.

I plan on getting almost clear (like 70 or 80%) nano-ceramic film on the rear windows just to help block out UV rays. I have nano-ceramic on the fronts already.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denali21

Latest posts