What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where can I find an online video tutorial for taking off the inside front door panels on a 2007 Yukon ?

1 of my car stereo speakers is kinda sounding wonky sometimes.
might want to invest in some of these

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wondering if my starter is going goofy, shut it off today to drop off some packages with just the hazards on like I do everyday and when I went to re-start it seemed like it turned over once or twice and stopped, turned the key off and tried again and it started up, got home and sat there and left everything on with the key off, lights, stereo, heater and watched my voltage, doesn't appear to be a battery issue and I have a couple of battery and alternator cable upgrades so kinda weird I started it up several times at home and it worked fine each time. Planning on going up to the snow on Sunday and it would be just my luck if this thing decided to die in tim-buck-2

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make sure the window is DOWN.

Carefully pop off the A pillar triangle cover where the mirror is with a trim tool.

Then use a pick tool to pop out the covers behind the 2 door handles. There are 10MM bolts behind those covers. Remove those bolts. One behind the door opening handle and 2 behind the door grab handle. (I usually have a magnetic p/u tool on standby on those 2 so they don't fall into the door.)

Pop out the window switch assembly with a trim tool and unplug the 3 plugs.

I usually start popping the main cover off at the top front where you removed the triangle cover work my way down and around to the back of the door.

Once that sucker is loose you gently pull it up out of the window weather strip channel and out a few inches. At the bottom inside of the door panel there are 2 big white plastic hooks that fit into 2 square voids in the door frame to hold the panel in place temporarily.

Then you need to disconnect the cable from the door opening handle. Use a pair of needle nose to pinch the tabs and release the cable from the housing.

Then you can remove the panel.
Why does it matter if the window is down? I’ve removed the door panels a dozen times and always with the window up :lol:

By the way, there’s a nice write up with pics over in the interior section

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why does it matter if the window is down? I’ve removed the door panels a dozen times and always with the window up :lol:

It makes it easier with the window down and no worries about scratching window tint. Other than that, nothing

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

IIRC, I think that only has to be done when you're replacing the window regulator.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick